Chapter Four:'She stole your man'

"Bitch, she stole your man and you're here telling me how much your friendship with her still means a lot to you?? Are you dumb? "

We're currently sitting in my backyard with Chelsea Stone, David's younger sister, second friend I made in senior highschool and the bearer of the worst news(David and Kirsty getting married).

When I told her over the phone two weeks ago that I plan on letting Kirsty enjoy her marriage in peace and that I'd continue working together with her, she went  all hell on me and I'm sure she'd have chopped my hands off if she'd been around.

"Mia is less than two meters away from us, could you please mind your language? And try to lower  your voice, I'm  not trying to get a hearing aid as early as now! "I tell her eyeing a chirpy Mia who is busy watering the flowers while talking animatedly to our housekeeper who looks like she'd do anything to be anywhere but right there listening to Mia's fantasies.

"Litsen honey, somebody don't steal your man and then you smile about it, "she continues telling me which in her own words she calls  preaching.

"Didn't you hear me Chelsea, the man told me he's working on getting her ass pregnant. What more do you want me to do? "

"Please, David didn't mean anything he said, he just wanted to make you jealous, "

"Oh he did make me jealous. I'm fucking furious right now! "I reply slamming the table with my fists. Nobody, not even my father the day he decided that a younger woman was much more better then his family, had ever hurt me this much. Some times, I feel like marching to the Stones mansion and giving Kirsty and David my own piece of mind, but then that'll prove to them that their decision is killing me slowly.

"Sugar pie, if somebody gon' steal my man, whether enemy or bestie, we gon' have a beef, trust me, "she says in her thick accent and for a second there's nothing I want to do but hug her and thank her for being much more real than my so called best friend.

My mother had once told me that I should have majored in theatre arts and film because of my acting qualities. I'm not bragging but being an actress had once been my gretest dream growing up. Unfortunately that dream had been crushed by my father who so not kindly told me that all actors do is sit down and look pretty just to lure people to watch their films.

To add on that, he went ahead and told me that over his dead body will he allow his one and only daughter to join a films industry .That was all I needed to hear for me to know that there was no way I was going to become an actress as long as I had my parents.

If my father had been here to witness all I am going through, he would have applauded me for all the acting skills he had tried to burn into flames. Two weeks after my breakfast with the two love birds, I had gone to work like nothing ever happened. Not that something in me wasn't itching to cause a scene, but I didn't want my employees to see a side of me that I didn't even know exists. Kirsty in all her attempts to make me jealous had video called David in my presence telling him all the things she was going to do to him after work. David sure knew how to go with the plan because the things he said in my presence made me wish I never returned from Atat.

The behavior had gone on for the entire two weeks and deciding enough is enough I had to talk to someone. That's the reason why we're sitted here with Chelsea doing more yelling than talking to me.

Biting my nails nervously, I look at her and wonder what in the world I had done to deserve such a friend.She looks at me, tears filled in her eyes and tells me not to worry, she'd do anything to bring back the happiness I deserve. I don't think bringing David back into my life would make me happy again, but there's nothing I wouldn't do to see David crawling on his knees begging me to take him back.

My thoughts are interrupted when Mia not so silently squeals the word 'Daddy' and runs towards someone I couldn't make out. I look at my housekeeper and Chelsea and know that they are as confused as I am. Jumping on my feet as quickly as I can, I run towards the gate and what I see makes me want to cry tears of joy. The sight before me is breath takingly beautiful, I would do anything to have it uninterrupted.

Damien has been a long time friend of mine, actually he was the one who helped me when I went to Atat pregnant and no roof over my head. We had not talked ever since I came back home and seeing him here in my house is a total suprise.

"Mia how many times should I tell you that Damien isn't your daddy, now go back inside, "She pouts cutely and walks towards the house.

Looking at Damien, I smile inwardly as I invite him into my house.