Chapter One

That night will forever haunt me. Every night, I experience the same nightmare. Out of so many memories, why was it this one that I remember?I don't want to remember! The nightmare contains sounds of distress, the fast pace of my silk slippers, my heavy breathing and the quick flashes of darkness that match the fast pulses of my heart. Every time I had this horrible memory while I was asleep; I would sweat, toss and turn, mumble and scream in my deep slumber... 

Flashback

 My body rushed excitedly towards the banquet hall, my elder sibling- Prince Bushi... was back from his travels. However, my excitement died as my wishes for a happy meal were unfulfilled. I hadn't seen my brother in a whole year, we had a great childhood but at some point, he had become a different person. Although he had just gotten back, mother and father had already agreed to send him away again. When I found out the news, I had choked on my drink. All I wanted was some time with him.

I had been crying for hours, it was dark and the torches around the castle were flickering. Every night we play chess to wrap up the events of the day, in which this time I would apologise for my actions at the dinner table. They should've already started as I was extremely late. The only thing that put me off about the whole ordeal was that it was eerily quiet, too quiet. My hand trembled and body shivered; I held down the handle and swung the door open.

 Suddenly staring at a massacre, the pools of blood and the weak struggling bodies that I could only identify as my parents. Multiple unknown figures were spread throughout the room. Assassins... the dark clothing, personalised masks shield their faces and the weaponry of short and long swords... 

"Father?" I whispered. His eyes lifted from the many daggers in his back to mine, his eyes widened in fear as he saw it was me.

 "Run!" He mouthed desperately, I shook my head in despair.

 The attacker towering above him crouched down and twisted the daggers in his back and sunk them in deeper. Father coughed out blood, his fearful eyes dulled. No! Why? Why are these people murdering my family? My body became limp and my I glanced toward the bed... 

"Mother?" There she lay with a long sword through her stomach and mattress, she can't make any sudden moves. She was bleeding out, gasping for breath. A distressed scream flowed from her mouth as she saw the love of her life die. Sobs echoed around the room but then paused as she saw me. 

"Go!" She screamed and then her hand approached her neck, almost in slow motion. A click and a crunch later, that's all it took for her to end her own life. At least they'll be together, while I'm alone to wallow in guilt, cry, grow up and take my place as a ruler of this kingdom. I took off running from the sight, heading towards the stables. 

No one intercepted or followed me on my way there but I was still scared. The stables will be safe, why would they go there?- I thought. I was right about to go there because as the sun rises, the Pope came running into the stables calling for me. Stumbling upon a trembling little girl, he was saddened but relieved. 

Present 

Since that night, I've tried to think about where my brother could've disappeared to. He must've left straight after our meal; which I ran out of. Maybe the reason for his departure was so that he could return one day and be crowned king, but this I will never know because I have no way of finding him. 

Meanwhile in the village closest to the capital...

 'I summon forth Senshi Alamester! The warrior from the Battle of Neishi!' A Royal Messenger shouted in the centre of the village. A man with coal-black hair, icy blue eyes and a strong build came out from the crowd dressed in everyday clothing. 'You shall return with me to the palace... you will be back on duty to serve the princess. Meet me in the field, come prepared in your uniform, be sure to carry all the weapons you own and mount a horse'. The messenger ordered.

 'Yes, Sir!' Both men disperse into the gathering crowd. 

A/N 

Hey all! Welcome to this book that I call Sacred. Don't bother asking about why 😂 It was originally called The Four Sacred Treasures but that's a bit too long for my liking... as you can tell I'm kinda lazy. I just wanted to say thank you for reading and enjoy! Please take your time to leave a few comments or give this book a vote, it would mean a lot to me! Thank you Your authorSophie