Chapter Four

I climbed to my feet, searching for my sword. It was annoyingly nowhere to be found amongst the crowd of people around me, with a quick glaze my eyes landed upon a merchant shop with a beautiful sword on display. "Only the strongest can pick up this sword, don't even bother and go home already!"- was the note stuck by it. 

I know I was risking it but I was confident in many of my abilities; on of them being my strength. The strength I knew I can succeed in is lifting a sword, only men are supposed to wield.

As I came back to my senses I realised everyone's gaze had followed mine. 

'Perfect' I whispered. 

Gliding smoothly between the bodies around me, I finally came upon the glass in which was smashed a second later by my armoured elbow. Snatching up the sword easily- I threw it up in the air and caught it once again when gravity pulled it back down. 

An elderly woman gasped in fear, 'she's a woman, no one in centuries has been able to lift it!'

'He's here! Move out of the way for the Ninja' a man announced. 

A familiar face appeared before me; handsome, gentle, kind but fearless, ferocious and powerful. I didn't have time to put a name to a face as the man before me began inching forward. He got closer and closer, suddenly his eyes widened in enlightenment but faded just as quickly. 

It was as if time had stopped but I didn't have time to stand still, so I flicked my arm up sending my sword propelling through the air with a tornado acting as a jet pack. 

Just as the sharp object was going to hit its target a tree came shooting out of the ground and I looked around angered, searching for the person who interfered. I laid my eyes upon Ite, 'You son of a b-'. 

I didnt get to carry on with the last word as I was suddenly struck down by a rush of power. Angered that I had been pushed back without having attacked first, my body began to sweat heavily but even the release of heat didnt stop the burst of flames that emitted from my skin.

The villagers fled but the ninja snatched up my new found sword  and moved into an unforgettable stance. 

'Brother!' I breathed in disbelief and anger.

~Flashback to 12 years ago~

It was very early in the morning, I was jumping around on my brothers bed. 

'Bushi! Wake up! Lets play swords and shields! Swords and shields!'

'One more minute, Jidai!' he complained.

'No! I want to play now!' I pushed him off his bed and ran to my side of the room to grab my shield and sword. 

'Okay! Okay, fine' He picked his sword off the floor before we both rushed out into the hallway. Once we stood directly opposite, I realised his stance had changed and became more trained. 

'Why has your stance changed?' I asked.

'I was put into training'

'Were you worried I would beat you again? Haha, I've always been stronger than you.' I laughed spontaneously. 

'Yes, I have been beaten by a girl too many times!' his face was expressionless but his eyes were fuming with anger. 

I rushed forward but for once,  Bushi remained still. Just as I was about to attack, he disappeared from my sight for a split second but suddenly appeared behind me and forced me down with a shield. 

'So cocky but I had the advantage. You shouldn't attack out of anger, you should remain calm and still' 

From that day on I never asked to play Swords and shields but I regretted not asking for another game as soon as he disappeared from my life.

~Present Day~

'What? She controls fire as well?!' Ite looked dumbfoundedly at me.

'I wander what other powers she has' Senshi replied.

Bushi looked at me in wander and looked me up and down. 

'Sister? Jidai? No it can't be, the villagers said you died along with our parents.' he said angrily with pulses being sent from his heart to his feet, which was causing the village to be gradually flattened. 

'Stop Bushi! I'm here now! They probably only lied to get protection.' I tried to speak some sense into him. 

Bushi collapsed to the ground tired and I ran over. 'Im here now, brother'

'I'm sorry, that I failed you and our parents.' he cried out. 

'You didn't do anything wrong, at least you survived' I smiled. 

'You are for sure stronger than me now. You picked up an ancient sword and even control three elements.' he spoke proudly. 

'Despite me getting stronger, none of the people in the castle believe I can do anything on my own; thats why I have those two behind us' I smiled, looking back at Ite and Senshi. 'Time to go boys, we have only two years to do this quest'.