Chapter Eleven

It had taken us roughly a week to get back and I must say it was a lot easier to make up and take down the tents with more of us. I also didnt need to take night shift anymore- leaving me with a few solid hours of sleep. 

A few nights ago Heiki had entered the tent and asked to sleep in my tent, I would have agreed but as it was no longer just me and him- with a few friends, I had to decline. I was going to be crowned Queen soon and had to act professionally in a public place. He obviously was a little hurt by my reply but understood the reasoning behind it. 

Now that we had returned to the castle, I was shocked to discover the amount of people waiting for me by the gate. I was welcomed back with small bows and curtsies by the maids and butlers; I am friends with almost everyone in the castle. My goal in this life is to be a good Queen but also fight for what is right, to protect those who cannot protect themselves and to push forward to make this Kingdom a better place- to return it to the way it was when my parents rules over it. 

"Hey, Jidai!" I had only now realised that Heiki had been trying to draw me out of my thoughts. 

"Yeah? Sorry, I zoned out for a second."

"They're saying that we are holding a welcome back party, tonight."

"Oh, okay. Are their rooms ready? I want them all to get some rest before tonight." I asked Airi, one of the head maids. 

Airi was one of the nicest people in the castle, you could ask her for help with anything at all an d she would do her best to assist you. I would like to think of her as one of my closest friends.

"Yes. I will take them now. Would you like me to prepare them some formal clothing for the event tonight?"

"Please do, thank you Airi." I say with a smile, she nods back with a smile of her own. 

I had left the boys to let them get settled in and for me to find a suitable gown for later. I had hundred of gowns in my closet but I never had a reason to wear one- we never used to throw balls due to the castle always feeling slightly gloomy. Without letting my thoughts take up most of my time I got straight to work. 

Walking to the back of my walk-in closet, I began skimming through dresses; looking at colours, feeling the material and being sceptical about the styles. I had decided that the colour should be flattering to my pale skin and pulled out a rose red off-the-shoulder, long sleeves, lace tulle sweep train ball gown. It was elegant but demanded attention with it's laced flower embroidery on the bodice and hem of the dress.

I knew that it was the one as soon as I turned around in the mirror. It wasn't a completed look but with the help from Airi I would be styled to perfection. I removed the dress as I knew that there was a few hours left until the ball. 

Walking out of my room I headed for the dining hall where a few of the cooks had placed a well deserved meal. I hadn't eaten luxurious food in so long and decided to dive right in... only to have been interrupted by three small chuckles. Turning around with a bit of cake in my mouth and crumbs smothered around it. I almost spat it out as I noticed Heiki, Ite and Senshi watching me from the door... When did they even open the door?

Too hungry to care I get back to eating. The boys joined immediately knowing that I really could eat the whole buffet in-front of us. 

"I saw my room. It's huge, are you sure we can stay here?" Ite asked, I had learnt that he's a polite boy that prefers to work hard for things instead of having it just handed over, "Its a tad bit big for me.."

"I can ask the staff to prepare you a smaller room if you'd like" I say between gulps of food. 

"No, no, its fine. I dont want to cause any trouble."

"If you're uncomfortable just tell her, she wont judge you." Heiki steps in, "I love my room, ive had to share for so long, I have made myself right at home."

Senshi jumps into the conversation, "Thank you, but I dont think I will be staying here completely. I have a family back at my village that need to be looked after."

"Okay. If you dont think you will completely remain here, there are always rooms open for you guys. Same goes for you Ite, I know you have a home and practically disappeared without telling them, so next thing tomorrow I want you to go back. This place is always open, you can visit whenever you want." I gave them all a smile. 

After finishing up our meal, we all returned to our rooms to get ready for the ball. With Airi's help, my hair was pinned up in curls and make up done to perfection. The dress showed my defined shoulder blades and collarbones and crystal clear skin. I was ready to make a comeback as the heir for this kingdom, I planned on asking Heiki to be king... Yes that would mean marriage but it's not like I would completely be proposing to him- just suggesting it. 

Feeling nervous about making my entrance through the double doors, I breathed in deeply and nodded to the guards. They opened the door wide; letting light pool in through the hallway and drawing me into it, I knew from that moment on that I was born to rule and to lead this kingdom to a bright future. 

A/N

Hey again!

After fully typing out this story, I have realised that it is quite short... The plot that I had wrote down a few years ago seemed so long but upon typing it up, maybe not. 

I will be writing one more chapter, which will be the epilogue but I am thinking about writing a sequel. Before I move on though, this book will go under some editing to get it up to scratch. Sorry about any major mistakes, I have only recently been able to finish typing it up. 

Thank you everyone for your support!

Sophie 

XOXO