Chapter Two

Earlier I was informed that someone was arriving at the castle, I was told that I wouldn't be welcoming them so I ignored the whole ordeal and carried on with my daily routine.

In the Grand Hall

Senshi marched into the hall, welcomed by the deceased Royals vassals were waiting. 

'I was told I am to serve some kind of role to the princess, is this true?' Senshi bowed respectfully.

'As you know, the princess is not of age to become queen. The message was correct, you are assigned to accompany the princess on a journey. Your priority is to keep her safe, protect and support her with your life' The most trusted vassal spoke, 'only she can find the purpose of this once in a lifetime experience. She must find the stolen sacred treasures but also find a potential king. If you are to return without the princess, your village will be burnt to the ground with all residents; including you, in it. the princess is the only one alive with royal blood'

A few miles away from the castle 

My usual routine for each night was to sneak out on horseback, right now I'm in a forest a few miles away from the castle. I didn't expect anyone to follow me tonight but I guess I was wrong.

I jumped off the horse into a tree, balancing on a thick branch. The horse stopped a few seconds later. The nearby range crunch of leaves worried me, this person or animal was extremely close.

'I don't know who you are or what you want from me, but you're going about it the wrong way. Stop following me' I shout in the direction of movement.

'You have an amazing six sense' a male voice chuckled.

'Yeah I know but I like to think I have a few extra senses' I smiled into the darkness. 

I vaulted myself off the branch and landed face to face with this manly figure. 

'Okay stalker... what do you want and who are you?' I unsheathed my sword and shifted my stance to be prepared for an attack. 

'I'm here to protect you, your highness. I am Senshi, the warrior from The Battle of Neishi, summoned from my village to serve you' he bowed.

'If you say so, Senshi. Go back to the castle, I'm going to ride my steed for a while' I order.

'yes princess' Senshi disappeared into the night.

The next morning

I was called to the castles church by the priest, apparently, it was to talk about something important. I trusted the priest with everything, he's been like a replacement for my father since he passed.

I dressed in my beautiful kimono and made my way across the castle grounds, I stand in front of the church and the guards open the doors. The priest stood a few steps away. 

'Jidai, it's been a very long time since I last -' i didn't let him finish as I pulled him into an embrace. 

'I'm sorry for not visiting, although your a five minute walk away. I've been very busy' I say with a wink.

'So I guess you are still sneaking out at night'

'What? Pffft, no I'm not' I giggle in a slightly guilty manner. 

'Just as I thought' he says turning his back to me with a cough. ' What I am about to discuss with you is very serious. You will leave the castle tomorrow, you're going to be travelling' 

My brows furrowed 'What like a journey? Is there a point to me leaving?'

'Yes, your mission to locate and bring back the three sacred treasures, the sword, carving and necklace. There are really four but no one knows what or where it is but we do know it will bring peace to the kingdom' 

'Peace? For the first time since my parents were mercilessly killed'

'I'm sorry but the people inside the castle have been keeping many secrets from you. Truthfully, there are beasts outside of the castle walls, more than a few hundred miles away, we live among dragons and most of this kingdom consists of people who can use elemental powers' he watches my reactions carefully 'your one of them, you alone could hold more than one element but we are sure that you should already be able to control the earth beneath us' 

I nod my head in understanding.

'We have no location of your long lost brother, so you are the only one left with royal blood, you have until your eighteenth birthday... without you, the kingdom will fall I to chaos' the priest finishes and walks further into the church. 

I coughed slightly 'You can come out now Senshi'. He slowly approached me from the dark corner of the room. 'Was this your purpose of being here? Are you too, accompany me and be my guard?'

'Yes. The reason I have been summoned is that I know the land and have a very praised upon title. I wield water and can summon a water dragon; he hasn't been out for over ten years' 

'Will I ever get to meet this dragon?' I questioned.

'Yes, probably in a battle, if we ever get involved in one'