Way Down In The Hole: An International Fanworks Day Drabble (2016)

After a day of taking in a few of Benedict's favorite haunts around London, Anna and Benedict are relaxing in t-shirts and pyjamas, snuggled together indulging in one of their favorite guilty pleasures - binge watching a TV series on DVD, while playing a drinking game.
They're peckish, giggly and a bit tipsy as they celebrate a special occasion, but the duo have decided to keep things low key until a life changing public event the next evening.

#

"Good ol' Clay Davis! Wait for it..." Anna giggled.
They reached for their cans of Natty Boh to prepare for the character to deliver his signature line:

Anna upended her beer in three large gulps, then let fly with a monstrous belch.

Benedict screwed his eyes shut, shook his head and laughed boyishly. Then, he pulled Anna into a hug and tenderly kissed her forehead. She nuzzled his nose, and returned his kiss.

"Are we ready for tomorrow night, Doctor Cumberbatch?" He asked. "Paparazzi, and the BAFTA Red Carpet await, darling."

"Yes..." Anna smiled sweetly. "I'm ready if you are."

#

When they stepped onto the BAFTA Red Carpet the next evening as newlyweds, Anna was positively glowing, and Benedict couldn't help but grin from ear to ear.

Author's Note: The original 100 word drabble belongs to the "Dance Me Into Love" collection on WattPad, and was written in appreciation of International Fanworks Day

Author's Note:
The original 100 word drabble belongs to the "Dance Me Into Love" collection on WattPad, and was written in appreciation of International Fanworks Day. The summary and ending add to the word total, but the body of the text itself comes in at exactly one-hundred words. A full length one shot is planned to extend the narrative but is mentioned in the one-shot "Tall Papi".  Manip of my OTP by the lovely and deliciously talented Marianne Davila.