26

She felt him interlock their fingers together and placing their hands on the table "turn that frown upside down" he kissed the side of her mouth.

"Right now my place is mess, my roommates-" she interrupted him "you have roommates?" that just slipped "yeah I do and their not people I want you around with" looking at him curiously "why?" she continued "they're just really out there, and they bring girls back to the house all the time, and you're not like those girls" that wasn't a complete lie, he brought his lips down to hers.

"So you really like this café don't you?" changing the subject "yeah I've come here since I was little" her mind began reminisce on all the times she came with her mom "I have some good memories here of my mom" she smiled "wish you could've met her" she told him "me too" he replied.

"Are your parents back in Tennessee?" she questioned him this time, he quickly began to feel the uneasiness in his body as he tried to stay calm not show any emotion that he has no idea what his going to say "yeah they are" he nodded looking away from her eyes for a moment "I grew up in the country side with horses and cattle" the lie continued "that must have been fun" feeling like a total ass "yeah it was" he turned back to smile at her "what do your parents do for a living?"

He knew this day would come where she would ask questions and he would have to just lie, but the fact that things changed that he actually loves this girl with everything in him and looking into those brown eyes the way she believes in everything he says he just needs to go along with it in order for him not to lose her.

"My dad is a contractor and my mom is school teacher" those lies were easy to come up with since that's what he always envision his parents to be when he was little "they sound great" he nodded "they are" agreeing "you don't have brothers or sister do you?" shaking his head "no".

Brushing the back of his hand along her cheek "maybe you'll take me to Tennessee one day" she said adorably "yeah maybe".

"Funny that you don't have a Tennessee accent" she giggled "not everybody does" he chuckled nervously because he has no idea if that's true.

Wanting the lying to stop "you want to go walk around the day is as beautiful as you" she blushed "okay" they scooted out of the booth and walked out into the fresh, Nick held her close her body pressed against his side as they walked along the pavement.

"Hey" he looked down at her "since we can't be alone tonight, do you want to come over for dinner?" he played the words in his head, not being alone, so that means her father will there "at your house?" she laughed "well duh, my dad is a great cook" she grinned and he knows he can't say no "okay".

They walked hand in hand, Selena smiled ear to ear while Nick tried to ignore the feeling running through his body; meeting her father for the first time is nerve racking but standing in front of him eye to eye and pretending to be this guy that he wasn't, was going to be the hardest thing he had to do. "Don't be nervous, I'm positive that he's going to like you..." she said while quickly pecking his lips.

"Yea" her murmured while trying to clear his thoughts of the night that started it all, the guilt was taking a toll on him...he wasn't ready to face her dad, he didn't have it in him to disrespect her father like that; "Selena I-I can't...I-I..." he started trying to figure out the best way to get out of this dinner.

"Too late, we're here" she beamed while pulling him towards her front door, "daddy I'm home" her voice echoed through the small home as she took of her coat and placed it on the coat hanger.

The sound of heavy footsteps hitting the wooden floor was slowly sending Nick into a panic attack; "sweetie..." he entered through the living room quickly catching the fearful eyes of Nick, "you brought a friend" his voice become serious as he went in for a hug.

"Dad, this is Nick...my boyfriend" her smile still attached as her eyes darted from her father to Nick, "I invited him for dinner if that's okay with you".

He watched as Nick held on to his daughters hand tightly, a small chuckle parted through his lips noticing the pale look on his face; "of course he can, anyone that makes my beautiful daughter smile like that is worth my time" he extended his hand for Nick to shake.

"Nice to finally meet you sir " he managed to say while trying to hold his balance, he watched him nod his head as the sound of his phone ringing caught their attention; "sorry..." he mumble as he quickly read the txt message on his phone, "a job came up" it read.

Nick sighed as he looked at Selena and her father, "I have to go, something came up" he told Selena as he noticed the disappointment in her eyes, "sorry..." he tried to be sincere with his voice when in all honesty her was relieved.

"It's okay..." she whispered while giving him a hug trying to contain her smile from disappearing if only he knew that it was killing her inside.