8

She noticed his squinted like eyes, squint even more as if thinking really hard for his name finding it all a bit odd but he finally said it. "Nicholas," he replied.

Nick had this whole situation prepared, thought out completely but he forgot about the name he was going to use, thanks to Logan that kept bugging him the whole way saying that it should be him in his place.

With a half smile on his thin lips, "Nice meeting you."

Politely she smiled pulling her hand away and taking a sip of her own coffee, his voice seemed familiar in the beginning and now his name so close to the voice of the kidnapper that she remembers the most, his gaze really strong she could sense it all over her turning back to look at him.

"Are you from around here?"

He shook his head. "Umm no I just moved here from Tennessee," answering casually sounding natural.

"Tennessee? Wow that's far."

The thoughts of him being Nick vanishing from her mind, it couldn't be him he wouldn't just show up here like this, he nodded making his curls bounce "It is, but I think I'm liking it here already." This time he grinned at her with his gaze looking deeply into hers, she could feel the heat rush to her cheeks and she looked down at her cup.

Seeing her cheeks turn rosy made him grin even wider. "So you live close by here?" he continued.

She nodded. "Yeah I do, this café is my hang out spot," she let out a small laughed, while Nick thought jackpot; knowing if he wanted to see her again she would be here.

"Selena," A tall blonde with light blue eyes came by and stood next to her, her gaze on him he recognized her she was the girl that pressed the alarm back at the store.

"Oh hey Taylor," Selena replied.

"Am I interrupting something?" curious Taylor continued, Selena turned to look at Nick and shook her head.

"Oh um no, this is Nicholas," he extended his hand towards her Taylor shook it, taking this as his cue to leave. "Here take my chair, I need to go home still have some unpacking to do." Standing up he look down at Selena. "I'll see you around," she nodded, both of the girls watching him walk away.

"He's a hottie!" Taylor broke the silence between them.

Shrugging, "I guess."

Taylor huffed "C'mon Sel he was totally giving you the eye."

She can't deny it he was being a little flirty, the thought of it making her smile wide.

-------
Nick walked nervously back to the alley were the guys should be waiting for him; he should've lied about his name, he wasn't sure if she had noticed his voice was the exact same one from the guy who held her hostage...it was nerve racking not knowing.

As he got near the alley he could hear Logan's voice hollering over the thin air, "You guys are no fun." His laugh echoed through the streets; no matter what stupidity Logan did, Nick could never be angry at him...Logan was the joker from the group, he knew how to ease the tension, in some way they needed him more than anything. "Hey Nick!" Logan yelled excitedly as Nick turned the corner, "Any luck today"; he nudged him wanting to know every detail.

"She came into the café today,"Nick held back the smile wanting to form on his face. "I'm kind of nervous though, I gave her my real name and I don't know if she recognized my voice," he bit his lip out of habit.

"You should've let me, my beautiful blue eyes would've put her in a trance," Logan joked.

Ian slapped Logan in the back of his head as he put his cigarette out, "So how exactly is this plan going to work, how do you know she hasn't ratted us out already?" he asked.

"I told her I was new to the city, that I just moved here from Tennessee; so that may put her doubts to rest for now." He looked at the guys who were surprisingly calm, "I need to get close to her, let her trust me; so when the time comes she can tell me about the whole incident..."

"...and maybe than you can ask her if she's told anyone else about this." Joe finished the sentence confidently.

"A lot is riding on this Nick," Zac eyed him suspiciously, "This is just for a while until the police stops questioning her and the case is dropped, you know that...right?"

Nick nodded as he sighed knowing exactly what was running through each of their heads; he couldn't get too attached.