Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

Watching your OTP come together for the first time is the most beautiful thing you'll ever see. Well, maybe not quite as beautiful as Tae's face, but you get the idea. When Liz and Hoseok burst into the room that day and announced their undying affection for one another before smooching the daylights out of each other, it took my entire existence not to scream loud enough for the Andromeda galaxy to hear. I finally understand what Liz felt like when Tae and I first got together. I literally did not realize that you could ship two people so hard. And now, as I saw her turn twenty different shades of purple after admitting that she kept track of the time down to the second of when she and Hoseok got locked in the storage room, I couldn't help but let out a fangirl screech and giggle maniacally. Sure, it earned me a sprig of mistletoe to the face, but it was totally worth it. I will admit that the heathen face she made before running out of the room with a bag of her Christmas decor was somewhat unsettling, but I didn't care. I pulled out my phone and examined the post with the photo that Tae and I had caught of the pair smooching earlier. "If this is what happens on the couch, imagine what happens on the loveseat!" the caption read. I couldn't help the evil grin that spread across my face. I knew I was dead meat when Liz inevitably saw it later. My evil schemes were interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Yeah?" I inquired. I looked up to see Tae poke his head into the room. I smiled and set my tablet aside. "Come on in Tae Tae." It gave me butterflies to watch him blush when I used his favorite nickname. Why is he so freaking cute? I mused to myself. He began to walk towards me, but stopped short by Liz's shopping bag covered bed.

"What's all of this?" he exclaimed. I rolled my eyes as I pulled my phone back out and began to scroll through my social media feed.

"Oh, just Liz's Christmas shopping haul from today. I declare, that girl has issues," I replied, completely oblivious to the fact that Tae had begun to dig through the bags. A few minutes later, I was finally alerted to reality by a giggle that struck fear into my heart every time I heard it. Everything began to play out like a cliche slow-motion scene. I turned my head just in time to see Tae pull a sprig of mistletoe out of one of the bags with his pack-your-bags-and-start-running-for-the-hills-if-you-value-your-existence expression slowly spreading across his face. I lunged forward to try and stop him, but it was too late. In horror, I watched his gaze turn towards me, his big, beautiful eyes gleaming with mischief.

Oh toots.

Not giving it a second thought, I shoved my phone into my pocket and bolted out of the room. I ran as fast as I could down the hallway, trying frantically to think of somewhere to hide. Dashing through the kitchen, I almost ran over Jin. Hollering an apology over my shoulder as I ran away, I heard him yell something about having Seokin soup for dinner too. I hadn't the slightest idea of what he was talking about, but I didn't have time to think about that. I ran past the living room where Yoongi napped in a chair and Hoseok and Liz sat together on the couch, hopin' that they were kissing each others' faces off. However, they were doing no such thing. After watching Tae and I whiz past, Hoseok turned to Liz.

"Was that misletoe that Taehyung was holding?" he said, and they paused and exchanged a knowing look.

"Let's go," they said simultaneously before running off after us. By this point in time, I had made what I thought was a circle back to mine and Liz's room. If I can just get in there and lock the door, I'll be safe, I thought to myself. In horror, I saw as I turned the corner that in my haste I had hit a dead end. I ran down to the window seat at the end of the hallway. and turned around to where Tae hovered over me, swallowing hard at the devious look on his face. Before I could formulate any last-minute plans of escape, he caught me with one arm and held the mistletoe over our heads with the other.

"Merry Christmas, babe," he said with a mischievous gleam in his beautiful eyes. I tried to stop him, but it was no use. When he kissed me, any resolve in me melted away, and I slowly wrapped my arms around him. Why was I trying to run away from him again? I suddenly noticed Liz and Hoseok out of the corner of my eye, and was promptly reminded of the reason. They were perched on an armchair in the hallway, obviously up to no good. When I saw Liz pull her phone out, I frantically tried to wiggle out of my devious boyfriend's embrace. However, I wasn't quick enough. I felt all color drain from my face as my phone buzzed in my pocket. I finally managed to pull myself away from Tae, and it took all of my being not to melt at the lovesick smile on his face. I immediately pulled out my phone and stared at the screen in horror. I declare, Liz has the fastest fingers in the west. My screen boldly displayed a picture of Tae and I kissing, my arms wrapped around him as he held the mistletoe over my head. She had covered my eyes with heart emojis, but that wasn't the worst part. I felt myself turn purple as I read the caption: "Sheesh Fred, can't you at least wait for me to hang it up? And I'm supposed to be the Christmasaholic." I looked up from my phone to give Liz a piece of my mind, but stopped short. Hoseok smiled and leaned his forehead against Liz's, and they stared into each other's eyes with legitimately the most lovesick expressions I had ever seen in my entire lifetime. I went from wanting to obliterate the universe to using every ounce of existence that I had not to let out a fangirl screech in about .002 seconds flat. Watching them interact like this made up for any and all heathenness that my bff had just done. Ready to barf rainbows, I looked over to Tae. He still looked slightly dazed from kissing me, but I could see that we were both thinking the same thing. As I looked back once more to Liz and Hoseok, I let out a happy sigh. I turned back to Tae again and took his hand that still held the mistletoe, lifting it up above our heads. He raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Merry Christmas Tae Tae," I said softly. He caught on and smiled, leaning down to kiss me. I melted into the kiss, not even caring what kind of pictures that Liz and Hoseok would take. All that mattered was that all of my hopin' had come true.

~*~

Hehehehehehehehehehe......

Things are getting very interesting indeed........

I hope you enjoy having chapters posted two days in a row. I guess you could consider it a belated Christmas present. I also kinda needed a mental break so I decided to make Fred wallow in the depths of humiliation to make me feel better. You're welcome >:F Merry Christmas!!!