Butterfly

It was well past midnight, but I had to get everything ready. I was too excited to sleep anyways. It was the night before my big scheme, and I was getting everything set up. I had decked the dorms out from head to toe in Christmas decor, and I was just putting the finishing touches on the living room. I was in the process of hanging stockings over the fireplace when I suddenly felt someone grab my arms. Being the jumpy person that I am, I yelped and nearly jumped through the ceiling.

"It's just me, sunshine," Hoseok's gentle voice said. I relaxed as he slipped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder, placing a soft kiss on my cheek. My heart fluttered whenever he called me sunshine; it was a special name for me that he only used when we were alone. It didn't help matters much that he said it in his deep, raspy voice that only surfaced when he wasn't hyper. "It looks great in here," he murmured.

"Thanks," I said, placing the last stocking on the mantle.

"You should really get some sleep though. I don't want you nodding off while we're trying to carry out our scheme." I turned around and wrapped my arms around him.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. It's not that late," I replied with a sigh.

"If you say so," he said softly. I closed my eyes and leaned my head on his shoulder, enjoying the quiet moment. A minute later he lifted my chin so that my gaze was level with his. "Look up," he whispered. I glanced upwards to find one of my many sprigs of mistletoe hanging above our heads. "I don't think it's fair for Taehyung and Tracy to have all the fun, do you?" he inquired with a gleam in his eyes.

"No, it's not," I replied quietly. He put his hand behind my head and pulled me close, gently pressing his lips against mine. He pulled away a few moments later, but I quickly reached up and placed my hands on the back of his head and pulled him back in. I lost count of how many gentle, unbelievably soft kisses we shared, but when we finally separated, he smiled at me, his dark eyes sparkling in the gentle glow of the fireplace.

"Now that the important business is taken care of, let's finish putting up those decorations. You and I both need some sleep." I nodded in agreement and began to direct him about what went where. There wasn't much left, and with two people working at it, the job was finished quickly. As I hung the last snowflake in the window, Hoseok sank onto the couch with a sigh. I joined him a moment later, curling up next to him. He wrapped his arm around me, and I leaned my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes and smiled in contentment. I loved nights like these. More times than I could count, Hoseok and I had stayed up late into the night talking or messing around or even just sitting together like we were now. I would never remember falling asleep, but I always woke up in my bed the next morning, buried under a pile of blankets. It was probably my favorite part of our visits. I can't begin to explain the wonderfully warm, soft, happy feelings that our late night cuddles gave me. They were feelings that made my heart ache with love for him. Love... I thought to myself. There was no questioning the fact that I loved him. It was love, however, that neither one of us had verbally expressed. As much as my entire being longed to hear him say it, I knew that we both understood that it was not something to be taken lightly. I didn't want to rush it by any means, but that didn't stop my heart from aching for him. As I mulled over these thoughts, he began to gently stroke my hair. I hadn't realized just how tired I was until I sat down. My eyes lazily drifted shut, and I fought to stay awake. "Lizzie?" his gentle voice snapped me back to consciousness.

"Mmm?" I mumbled in reply.

"What do you want for Christmas?" I blinked slowly, trying to wake my brain up enough to think.

"Hmm, good question..." I paused for a few moments more before continuing. "I think... I think a two for just the day of us would be wonderful... no people to fill... or obligations to spy on us... just... just us..." There was a long moment of silence before Hobi spoke again.

"You want a what now?" I blinked again, trying to process what he meant. After a minute, I finally realized what I had said. However, I was too tired to fix it.

"I don't know anymore..." I said with a sigh. He chuckled.

"It's okay. I think I understand."

"What 'bout you?" I mumbled,"Whaddyou want for Christmas?"

"Me? All I want for Christmas is yooouuu..." he replied with a grin, singing the last part. I giggled, which probably sounded rather strange considering how sleepy I was.

"Honestly though, what?" I said.

"I mean it Lizzie. All I want is for you to be here with me." I managed to lift my head enough to look him in the eyes.

"There's really nothing you want?" He shook his head with a smile that melted my heart.

"Nope. Just promise me one thing." I lowered my head back onto his shoulder.

"Anything," I replied with a sigh.

"Promise me that you'll never leave me," he murmured. I closed my eyes.

"I promise sunshine," I replied, somewhat drowsily,"I promise." I paused, barely able to stay awake. "Just... promise me that you'll do the same," I said. I felt him scoop me up and place me on his lap. He cradled me in his strong arms, gently rocking me back and forth. The last thing I remembered was his deep, gentle voice.

"Always, my precious sunshine." And with that, he placed a soft kiss on my forehead, and I drifted off to sleep.

~*~

.....................................................................................................Yep.

I'm feeling rather generous this week, so I hope y'all are enjoying the frequent updates. Plus, it's a Christmas story and I was hoping to post it before Christmas, so hopefully this makes up or it.

.............I also just realized how many times I said some form of hope in that last paragraph.

SO BYE

All I Want for Christmas is YouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara