Chapter 2: Gang's All Here

((AJ Mason's POV))

"Mom, it's just left of here." I said

"Honey, are you sure you want to do this?" she asked. "I don't like the idea of you being away from home this long. And with the stories of Crystal Lake I just don't---"

"Mom, please!" I exclaimed. "That crazy lady's dead. And I'm 18 now, I want to try this out."

"I know, it's just you've never wanted to do this before." 

"Because you and dad are always up my ass about everything!"

"We just don't want you to stay in this rebellious phase this long. It's been 4 years since I last saw your natural hair. And those tattoos..."

"Mom!"

"I'm sorry, sorry. I just worry about you. I want you to be my little girl forever."

"I'll always be your little girl. I just think I need to experience camp for once, just to say I've done it." 

She stayed silent as we pulled up by the front gate.

"Okay, you can drop me off here," I said.

"AJ, I want to meet the others and make sure it's safe."

"Mom, don't embarrass me! Just drop me off here, please."

I got out and grabbed my bags from the trunk. Mom started to get out and I ran to her before she could. 

"Please no hugs mom, 'kay? I love you."

"AJ, nobody is around, don't act like I'm embarrassing you please."

"Well you are. I have to go!" I said as I turned away.

As I kept walking towards the path, I felt a sharp pain of guilt run through my veins. I dropped my bags and ran back. 

I opened the car door and squeezed mom as tightly as I could. 

"I love you!" I cried.

Mom chuckled, "I love you too. Remember to call me tonight, let me know how it goes."

"Okay mom!" I pulled off and waved goodbye as she drove off.

Okay, AJ. Time to get your camp on.

I headed towards the path. It was filled with debris from the storm that happened this past spring. I climbed over the fallen trees and was startled by some bushes rattling. 

I stomped, thinking it was a raccoon, or possum. But the noise grew louder. I started to back away when--

"AAAAAAAAH" shouted the boy.

I looked at him, not scared at all.

"Um...hi?" I said.

"Wow, you don't scare easily do you?" he said.

"Guess not?"

A high pitched voice came from the distance.

"REALLY SHELDON?" she said.

Two figures came down the hill running after the boy. 

"You're such a piece of shit." the girl exclaimed. She was super pretty. She looked like a model, like a stereotypical popular girl at every high school. 

"Sorry about him," she said "I'm Tiffany. That's Sheldon. We're counselors here."

"I'm Chad," said the golden haired boy. "What's wrong with your hair?"

"It's purple?" I answered.

"Oh great, a weird goth girl is our co-counselor." he said.

"Fucking Christ," Tiffany shouted "I'm so sorry about them. It's embarrassing to know them. What's your name?"