Thirty Nine.

Two Years

Athena cuddled closer with Damon as they walked down the streets of Mystic Falls

Athena cuddled closer with Damon as they walked down the streets of Mystic Falls. The girl laughed at a joke Damon had said, and the girl smiled up at Damon. She took his hand and smiled over to look over his blue eyes. "So, you talked to Bonnie and Caroline?" He asked and the girl rolled her eyes.

"Yes I talked to them." She mumbled and Damon furrowed his eyebrows. The girl saw his confused look and she smiled. "I'm just tired of you asking me, I'm going to tell them." She mumbled and the man smiled and kissed her lips while she kissed back.

She pulled away and they walked over to the pub to see Caroline, Bonnie, Elena, Stefan, Matt, Jeremy, and Tyler. The girl smiled and left Damon's side to hug her friends. "You all came!" She exclaimed and the girl's laughed while the boy's chuckled.

"Of course. We wouldn't miss it for the world." Bonnie told her and they all sat down as Damon took Athena's hand and the girl rolled her eyes.

"You can stop." She hissed and Damon chuckled while kissing over her scarred area and she shook her head while glaring at him slightly. "Damon." She warmed and he chuckled.

"Alright, Alright, I'll stop." He chuckled and he sat down as Athena was stuck between Tyler and Damon.

She ordered everyone a glass of alcohol and everyone started talking about their lives as Damon leant down to Athena and started whispering in her ear. "Can you tell them now?" He asked and the girl glared at him playfully and kissed his cheek.

"I might just hold off even more if you keep asking me." She hissed at him and he rolled his eyes while standing up and the girl's eyes widened while shaking her head.

"Damon." She mumbled and he smiled while tapping a fork against his glass.

"Everyone, I would like to make an announcement." He stated and everyone in the whole restaurant stopped talking as Athena hit her forehead with her hand. "So, you all may know that Athena and I have been together for at least a year." He stated and everyone mumbled and nodded. "And we will be living for a long time." He told them and the girl shook her head as he winked over at her.

"I took it upon myself to ask her to marry me and she said, no." He told them and the girl chuckled when everyone started apologizing for the man. "But, I made a deal with her and she said in two more years she would say yes!" He exclaimed and everyone clapped their hands, except for their group of friends.

Stefan furrowed his eyebrows and looked over Athena who shrugged her shoulders. Damon sat back down and Stefan cleared his throat. "I'm sorry, but you got up and said that you two would get married in two years?" He asked and Damon nods his head.

"Exactly!" He yelled and the girl chuckled while kissing his cheek.

"In two years Damon." She stated and shook her head. "That means don't tell them today!" She stated while Damon rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, but I'm too excited to keep it in for that long, because you'll be mine." He told her and she laughed.

<>•<>•<>•

< Edited >