Chapter 1: First Encounters

soooooooooo... (hahaha im gonna start every chappie with that!) 

this ish meh second story, and im not hand writing it first, just typing it so it'll be alot faster than my other story! 

tata!

*****This is the new 2012 update! Enjoy! (And btw, i truly apologize for the horrendous writing from the past. I was editing and was like wtf? why did I write that? lol)*****

The Only Guy

Kristen Nicholls

Chapter One: First Encounters

Josh

            Great. Just because I ran away a few times (taking my father's car with me of course) I was being sent to a stupid boarding school! And a girl's boarding school at that!

            Just because my parents know the headmistress and went to high school and college with her I was forced to attend "The House of Peacock" boarding school. I mean, come on! Who would possibly come up with a name as gay as that! (no offence to gays whatsoever!) And it sounded so...girly.

            No dip Sherlock. It's an all-girls boarding school!

            Who the hell are you?

            I'm the ounce of brains you have left in your body. I hold all those neglected emotions that you hate. You know your old friends, compassion and sympathy? They're under my care now.

            Okay... you freak me out dude!

            What's even scarier is the fact that I'm a part of you.

~

            Okay. So maybe I was wrong about the whole "going to an all-girls-boarding-school” business is a bad thing.

            As I exited my car with a bag in each hand I surveyed my surroundings. A huge mansion with ivy on one side stood before me. But my eyes were only on that for a moment. The grounds surrounding the school were covered with girls. My eyes feasted on these girls, each one as different as the colors of the rainbow, and with the variety befitting the chips selection at a Wal-mart Supercenter.

            Myself, plus hundreds of girls, minus any other male, all leads to a very happy Josh.

Jenna

            Unlike what you would think, I was entirely calm as I awaited my turn to enter the Headmistress's office. I was a regular, but in contrast to the delinquents of our school, for the right and moral reasons. But on this occasion, I had no idea why my presence was requested.

            As one of the seniors walked out of Headmistress Griffin's house she called me in.

            "Good morning, Jennifer. How are you today?" She inquired of me with a smile, which immediately dispelled my insecure and fearful emotions. Of course I had no reason to be anxious, I was a perfect student and child.

            "Hello, Ms. Headmistress. I'm doing very well today. And you ma’am?" The House of Peacock focused on every portion of the curriculum, including proper etiquette.

            "Very well, shall we move onto business?” She continued after I nodded. “We have a very... unusual student arriving very soon. Due to extreme circumstances I have allowed the Lakes to drop Joshua off at our prestigious school, where he will be carefully monitored by myself, and you as well.”

            "Okay, so what do you want me to...?" My voice trailed off as I realized fully what she had just said. "A guy is going be at our school? But it's an all-girls school!"

            "Jennifer Austen! Mind your speech, if you will. And yes, we are having a "guy", as you would say, at our school. And you will be giving the young Mr. Lakes a tour. He will have the same schedule as you. The Lakes will be arriving soon, as I said. You are dismissed." Without a word I got up and exited the room. What possessed our headmistress to allow a boy into our midst? Most of the attendees here lived here year-round and saw a guy maybe two or three times a year. What would happen when a Joshua lived here year-round also? And where would he live? The dorms were near full capacity, and I highly doubted that there was an empty room for him to bunk in.

            I walked blindly, carrying my bag, and somehow ended up wandering the grounds outside of the school. I was thinking about far too many things at once and bumped into someone.

            Strong, muscled arms my body, preventing my fall. Curious, I looked up, and was stunned speechless.

            This boy—no, he was nearly a man—had beautiful and calm clover-green eyes. His hair was slightly shaggy, with blonde hair and what looked to be natural highlights. He had a very strong face of fair complexion with a jaw line to match. A scan downward revealed a wonderfully sculpted tall body, encased in navy slacks and a light blue button-down shirt with a complimenting tie slung loosely around his neck.

            His forearm was behind my back, cradling it. Its counterpart carefully held my side, strongly but softly, giving me security that I would not fall. For the first time in many years, I felt truly safe.

            Shaking of old memories, and allowing for my thought processes to start working again, I gasped quietly, realizing just who this beautiful guy was.

I guess that I won’t have to go searching for the new guy.

Josh

            As I caught the wandering chick, I got a nice little look-over, and damn! She was hot!

Her long, light brunette hair was tightly bunched up in a slick ponytail, with a slight curl at the ends. I checked her out, and saw that her body was lean, a small build, with a decent bust and hips. Her waist was also average, but her limbs were long, wrapped in a navy knee-length skirt and a light blue button-up top. Her only accessories were a small pendent at her neck and a tight tie at her neck.

            Her deep navy eyes fluttered open, soon accessing my face and body. She glanced up and was speechless.

            Finding her silence hilarious, I just had to point it out. "Aw... five minutes here and I already have girls throwing themselves at me! What a great welcoming party! Thanks toots!" I gave her my signature smile and wink combo, and expected a giggle. Or maybe even just staring at me. Those were the usual results. I closed my eyes for a second to soak in the moment and the beauty in my arms.

            It was quickly revealed to me that it wasn’t the greatest of ideas.

            She kicked the back of my knee and sent me crashing to the ground. Aw man! That freaking hurt!

            "Aw... five minutes here and you're already at some girl’s knees." The girl smirked, throwing my words back at me. "Get up; the headmistress wants to see you." And she stalked off. She stalked off? What? I am always the one to leave the conversation first! She turned back to glance at me. "Are you just going to sit there staring at me? Move it."

/\ \\ \\ \\ \/