6. Ah...Sure, Why not"

(Nine years later, Harleens pov, age 16)

I stare at my teacher, Mrs wells in disbelief. Did she seriously just yell at that boy for dropping his pencil? She is the literal definition of strict. I sigh and get up, walking up to her desk. She glares at me. "what do you want?" She snarls. I place my test paper on her desk and turn and walk away. I sit down at my desk and lightly tap a tune too low for anyone else to hear.

About five minutes later, the bell rings signalling the end of the day. I grab my backpack off the floor and rush out of class before anyone else had even stood up, I do NOT want to get held up in the hallways like usual. The hallways at the end of the day are always really  crowded and it takes me about five extra minutes to get to my locker.

I take out my books and papers and shove them all into my bag. I shut my locker and spin around only to come face to face with my crush, Joey Carter. I blush and feel my shy/awkward mode kick in.  "Ah...H-Hi Joey!" I stutter. He smirks at me and glances at his friends over his shoulder. They were all standing against the wall snickering at something.One of them gesture for him to continue. Continue what? "Ah, Hi... Harleen. I was wondering if you might want to hang out sometime?" He says casually. What!?! I have been trying to get him to notice me for the past two years and when I finally give up he comes and asks me if I wanna hang out!?! What is this. 

A huge smile spreads onto my face. "Yes! I mean no! I mean... Ah... Sure, Why not" I stutter. I just messed up big time in front of my crush! How awkward can I be? He still smirks. "Friday night at six?" He asks. I cant believe that this is actually happening! "Yeah, that's fine with me" I say,my voice barely above a whisper. "cool, I gotta go now, but I'll see you tomorrow?" Before I can reply he is already walking across the hallway to where his friends were. I let out a dreamy sigh. I have a date with Joey Carter.