17. This is our daughter, Harleen

Bruce and I walked across the room to my parents together. We had been chatting for a few minutes now and he seemed like a really cool person. He loved drawing and he took boxing lessons. 

He brushed his ink black hair out of his eyes. We were a few meters away from my parents when my mom glances over and her eyes widen. She tugs on my father's sleeve and whispers something in his ear. A grin makes its way onto his face. We reach them finally.

"Hello darling. Bruce, I see you have met my daughter, Harleen" My mother starts, extending a hand for him to shake. He shakes it. "Yes. She seems like an amazing person" He comments, smiling at me. I blush, looking down at the floor. Bruce shakes my father's hand as well.

A few people they my parents had been talking too had stopped and were looking over at us. My father notices this and gestures to me. "This is our daughter, Harleen" He says. I shake a few hands and get a few compliments on my dress. All the adults kinda slip back into their conversation.

 Bruce glances at me. "Food?" He suggests. I smile. "Of course" We start off in the direction of the huge food table in the corner of the room. There were small sandwiches, pastries, fruit, savoury tarts, cakes, cookies, sushi and so many more things. I can't wait to try all of it.

I grab one of the small plates and grab some pastries and sushi. I honestly don't get why the plates were so small. I mean, there is all this food here and yet the size only allows a few things to fit on the plate. It was unfair.

Bruce tugs lightly on my arm. "Come with me" We walk along the wall, dodging people towards this kind of stage. There was the band along the back of the stage and nothing else. There was another small group of people at the side next to a small set of steps. 

"Alfred, this is Harleen Quinzel. Mr and Mrs Quinzels daughter. " He tells a man that turns around. He looked about fifty-ish and his hair had started to grey in areas. he had grey eyes and had a blank and bored look on his face. "Yes, pleasure to meet you Harleen" He extends a hand for me to shake it and I do. "Nice to meet you to, Alfred" Wow, his hands are cold.

"Um, you wanted to see me?" He asks Alfred. "Oh yes. When would you like to say your speech?" He asks Bruce. He glances at me. "Now?" It sounded more like a question. When he waits for an answer I nod. 

Bruce explains to me why he needs to a speech and what it will be about. He is basically just welcoming everyone and telling them to enjoy themselves and all that kinda stuff. He walks up the few steps onto the stage and as he does, the bands music comes to a slow halt. Slowly, the crowd begins to quiet down and gather around the stage. He starts to speak.

"Hello. I would like to thank everyone for being here tonight. It is truly an honor to be able to work at wayne enterprises alongside so many of the people here tonight.  It has almost been six years since my parents death, and wayne enterprises was their dream. I, as their son would like to thank you all for helping to make that dream possible. Now, please enjoy your night here at Wayne manor. Thank you" He says, stepping off the stage.