20. What a night

I could see a smirk in his eyes. "Well if it isn't Miss Quinzel" He says. How on earth did he know my name? Well then again, my parents were kinda famous and were on the news quite a lot... But still.

"You just cant keep yourself out of trouble can you?" He laughs through his mask. It was a sick laugh that sent shivers down my spine. I could feel people staring at me. I meet Bruce's eyes as he turns around to give me a confused and questioning look. I just focus my attention on the man in the mask. 

He says something to the guy next to him too low for anyone else to hear. He nods and glances at Bruce who was next to me. I had a horrible feeling about this. 

The man with the dark eyes hold a hand out in front of him and gestures for me to step out of the crowd "Harleen?" When I make no move what so ever is when things get messy. He aims the gun and for a second I was sure he was going to shoot me but instead it hit the person positioned behind me. 

A few screams are heard until one of the guys yells for everyone to be silent again. "Miss Quinzel? How many more people need to die tonight before you decide to be cooperative?" He smirks again. What a sick man.

I glance at Bruce and slowly make my way towards the four guys. The one from the alley roughly grabs my arm and drags me up close next to him. I swear the world just wanted to see me suffer sometimes. 

"Now Bruce" Another one of the men starts. "Would you be so kind as to explain why we didn't get 20'000$ on Saturday night? I thought I had made myself very clear when I explained the simple instructions" He sneers. Bruce sighs and looks for Alfred around the room. 

"You will receive the money just let her go" He says. The four men exchange a look. "We needed it by Saturday" the guy holding me states. He goes to say something else when someone behind us shouts "Drop your weapons" We all spin around to see six police officers. "Let the girl go" One of the police officers with a name tag that read 'Josh Andrews'. 

The guy holding my arm suddenly pulls me against his chest and presses the gun to my temples. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. "Take another step and I will shoot her" He threatens. 

Behind us, Bruce steps forward out of the crowd. "You will receive the money I promise" He says inching closer. The men in ski masks exchange another look and one whispers to the other. "Harleen Quinzel, we know where she lives, who her family is and we will kill her if the money isn't transferred by tomorrow at noon" we start to move towards the police officer, guns raised at them. I thought that they were going to shoot each other but they let us pass.

I stumble as the guy still holds me against him and drags me towards the entrance. "please" I start. "you need to let me go! I cant-" he cuts me off. "Your not coming with us" He whispers. I glance at him, confused. He continues to drag me out the huge doors. 

I pinch my eyes closed and hope that they let me go. I notice the police, Bruce, my parents and multiple other curious people follow slowly behind us.

We come up to a black Tesla. Three of them get in and starts the car. They man holding my arm opens the door, pulls me in front of him as a shield and quickly pushes me forward, causing me to stumble and fall to the ground, gets in the car, slams the door and the car takes off down the drive way. 

I was left on the ground with a bruised arm from his unusually strong grip, scrapped knees, a headache and shocked almost to death at this point. 

What a night.