Chapter Nine

Lily was surprised to walk through the door and find the house perfectly clean and it smelt like dinner was cooking in the oven "John?" Lily called out as she helped James, her youngest son out of his coat.

"Take off his shoes please Connor" Lily smiled at her son and he was happy to help his mother Lily stood up and searched the downstairs of the house "John?" she called out again and to her surprise he appeared from the back garden.

"Sorry I was just...well never mind its good to see you Lily" John pulled Lily into a tight hug.

"Its good to see you too" Lily inhaled as she pulled gently away. The moment became a little awkward "What's cooking?"

"Stew, Polly put it on earlier" John admitted causing Lily to smile "How have you been...I mean are you alright?"

"I'm fine John, You?" Lily looked at John who seemed a little troubled. However she guessed walking out on him could have done that.

"I'm better now your home Lil" John took Lily's hand and led her into the sitting room. The boys went to play in their bedroom "We need to talk"

"John I'm not sure I'm..." Lily tried but John interrupted her.

"Please Lily, let me say it before it's too late" John inhaled "What happened between Lizzy and me...it was wrong. I never should have..."

"I should have told you Tommy was Connors father" Lily inhaled "I was an idiot thinking you wouldn't find out. I don't want to dwell on the past John...i came home because I love you...and I believe what we have is worth fixing"

John didn't reply he simply knelt down in front of his wife and cupped her face in his hands "I promise you Lil, I will do whatever it takes to make us right again. I love you too"

××××××

Lizzy sat opposite Tommy and inhaled deeply "I thought you'd be pleased" she said cautiously causing Tommy to throw her a glare.

"Why the fuck would I be pleased, Lily will divorce John for sure...not to mention the turmoil it's going to cause knowing her sister is carrying her husband's child. Especially now..."

"What do you mean especially now?" Lizzy frowned and Tommy realised he had said to much "Tom?"

"It doesn't matter" Tommy replied.

"FINE" Lizzy yelled "Protect her, like you always do...I thought I'd be doing you a favour, take John out of the picture...that way you can have Lily all to yourself..."

"SHE'S JOHN'S FUCKING WIFE" Tommy yelled furiously "SHE CHOSE JOHN"

"But that doesn't stop you loving her does it?" Lizzy's voice raised "WHY WON'T YOU ADMIT YOU STILL LOVE HER TOMMY?"

"ALRIGHT YES...YES I DO" Tommys response stunned Lizzy. She hasn't really expected Tommy to admit it, and deep down this revelation hurt her, because deep down it was Tommy that Lizzy truly wanted. It had always been Tommy.

××××××

Lily stood and watched the boys sleeping in their beds "They settle better at home, and so do I John" She whispered as she turned around in John's arms. He had been holding her from behind "I don't want anything to come between us again, promise me no more secrets, I've told you all of mine now..."

"I promise" John inhaled deeply as Lily pulled him closer to her.

"Good, now take me to bed" She whispered and John scooped her up in his arms and carried her into their bedroom.

×××××××

Lily hurried quickly behind her boys, they were heading to school "Lily" a familiar female voice called from behind her. Lily turned and saw Lizzy was following her.

"I have nothing to say to you Lizzy" Lily spoke harshly.

"Lil please" Lizzy grabbed Lilys arm.

"You alright mum?" Connor came back when he saw how distressed his mum seemed.

"I'm fine Connor" Lily smirked gently "Go and walk with your brothers"

"But mum..." Connor began to argue.

"PLEASE CONNOR" Lily snapped "I'll be alright" her tone softened when she saw Connors face saddened "Good boy"

"Meet me at the house in twenty minutes" Lily sighed before returning her attention to her boys.

×××××××

Lily walked slowly into the house, she removed her coat and hat and headed
Straight into the lounge "Listen Lizzy I don't know what you want from Me, or what you want me to say..."

"I just wanted to explain" Lizzy tried and Lily laughed.

"Explain...explain what exactly?" She turned away to light a cigarette.

"About John and me" Lizzy tried but Lily shot her down.

"John and you...don't you dare put yourself in the same sentence as him...the thought of you both...it turns my stomach Lizzy. You are my sister..." Lily began to lose her temper.

"And Tommy was John's brother, but that didn't stop you did it? Now everytime John looks at that boy...he was hurt Lily, he needed some comfort and you went away..." Lizzy began to stumble over her words.

"So you thought you'd do the honours. John and I weren't even together then, it was a mistake...I know I should have told John who Connors father was, But I was scared Lizzy" Lily looked at Lizzy pitifully "I was desperate to feel something, to feel loved I guess..."

"Don't you dare look at me with pity in your eyes" Lizzy snarled "You have no fucking right to judge me, your son belongs to your husbands brother...Do you know how fucked up that is...?"

Lily slapped Lizzy across the face and Lizzy retaliated with a slap across Lilys face "You can't be content with one brother can you...you have to have them both..."

"What?" Lily was confused.

"John loves you...so fucking much, he would die for you..." Lizzy began.

"I know and I love John..." Lily interrupted but Lizzy carried on.

"And I love Tommy" Lizzy inhaled deeply "But he loves you...he always did"

"Get out" Lily snapped grabbing at Lizzy's arm. She pulled Lizzy to stand before being pushed away.

"Get off me...I'm pregnant..." Lizzy yelled, much to Lilys dismay "I'm fucking pregnant, with John's baby..."

"John's baby?" The colour drained from Lilys face instantly "Pregnant...you...John" she stuttered.

Lizzy watched as Lily disappeared out of the house, she staggered towards the Garrison.