Chapter Twelve

An age seemed to have past since Tommy asked Lily to go to London with him. She hadn't so much as flinched, as she stood in front of him inhaling deeply "Well?" Tommy had grown impatient.

"Yes" Lily nodded and smiled.

"Yes?" Tommy forced Lily to repeat herself, simply so she could confirm he reply. He gently cupped Lily's face in his hands, and as she nodded again he kissed her.

xxxx

"I'm scared Tommy" Lily inhaled deeply as she walked beside Tommy down Garrison Yard.

"Don't be" Tommy replied quickly "John won't touch you...and if he does I'll kill him"

"I know John wouldn't hurt me, I'm not scared because of that. I'm scared of the damage this is going to do to him...and my boys" Lily sighed. Tommy stopped and turned to face Lily.

"Lil, John will be fine...the boys will be fine" Tommy moved some hair away from Lily's eyes and smiled "But if you walk away from me again, then I won't be..."

"It's a good job I don't plan on walking away then isn't it" Lily smiled gently as she put her hand on Tommy's "This isn't going to be easy though"

"NO, but we can do it together" Tommy inhaled deeply as the pair continued to the the house.

×××××

John and Polly were already there counting the money and filling in the books "Arthur is that you?" Polly called out, but there was no reply. She was surprised to look up and see Tommy and Lily walking in "What is this?"

"We've made a decision Pol, we need to tell John" Lily spoke under her breath.

"Tell John What?" John stood up from behind his desk and walked into the lounge.

"Sit down brother" Tommy took the lead when he realised Lily couldn't speak.

"Tommy what's going on?" John looked worried "Is it the boys? Has something happened?"

"No John it's nothing to do with the boys" Lily managed.

"Think about what you're doing before you carry on Thomas" Polly warned but Tommy didn't listen. He took a step closer to Lily and turned to face his brother.

"Tom what's going on, why are you standing close to Lily like that?" John seemed anxious now "Tommy?"

"I'm standing close to Lily because...because we have to tell you something...thing is John me and Lil...well We've..." Tommy was now struggling to find the right words.

"We've realised that we can't carry on like this" Lily finally spoke up "I'm sorry John but..."

"Wait...what are you saying? Are you trying to tell me that you and him...?" John began to see red as a fury rose inside him "Have you fucked him?" John asked bluntly

"John please" Lily pleaded with him.

"Just answer the fucking question, have you and him...have you fucked him?" John stood quickly "A simple yes or no answer would do"

"Alright YES!!" Lily spat back as John became almost unhinged, without warning he lashed out and back handed her across her cheek causing her to stagger backwards.

Tommy didn't hesitate he launched himself at John, forcing him into the cabinet "Christ Stop both of you" Polly yelled as she stood up and tried to separate then.

To her relief and Lily's, Arthur arrived "What the fuck is going on I can hear you half way down the street" Arthur yelled as he threw his brothers off one another "Does someone want to explain to me why you two are fighting?"

"Ask Tommy" John spat furiously "Or better still why don't you ask my whore of a wife" in that moment Tommy went for John again but this time Lily stood in his way.

"No Tommy stop" Lily cried "Both of you fucking stop"

"Alright so I'm guessing they are fighting over you?" Arthur looked at Lily, who confirmed it with a nod.

"Me and Tommy..." Lily didn't need to say anything more as Arthur had seen this coming for a while.

"Fuck, Fuck" he inhaled deeply "She's our brothers wife Tommy"

"I know that brother" Tommy frowned "I can't change the way I feel about her, god knows I've tried"

"Try fucking harder" John snarled through gritted teeth.

"What you mean like you and Lizzy did?" Tommy replied sarcastically.

"Lizzy?" Arthur was confused now "You mean John and Lizzy? Christ brother"

"I've had enough" Lily cried before rushing to the door, the room had began to spin "I need some air"

"Lily please" John grabbed her arm and Tommy was quick to pull him away.

"It's alright Tommy, let him come with me" Lily smiled gently "John and I need to talk"

×××××××

Lily and John had found themselves back at their house. Lily removed her coat while John poured them both a drink "I'm sorry it's ended up like this" Lily spoke softly "It was never meant to..."

"Lil don't, I can't handle that right now" John hesitated "Just answer me this...was it something I did? Or didn't do?"

"Sleeping with my sister didn't help, but truthfully I think it would have happened eventually" Lily stood in front of John and inhaled deeply "Don't for a second think that, that means what we had before wasn't real. I did love you, I still do"

"Then what's the problem" John moved even closer to his wife and put his hand on her waist "We could get it back, the way we were before. You didn't love me to begin with, bit it grew. Maybe if we get away from here all of us...a fresh start...if we Try a bit harder then maybe we can get it back"

"No John" Lily tried to push him away but he was too strong he just kept moving forwards until Lily's back was against the wall.

"Let me fix it Lil, I can make you want me again" John kissed Lilys neck and began to unfasten her blouse.

Lily hesitated for a moment as she got a little lost in her husband's efforts, but only for a moment she sokn return to her senses "John stop" she gasped as she tried to push him away. John didn't seem to hear her plea's "No John" Lily cried again as she felt his hand move up her skirt.

"Shh" John soothed "You're my wife, I can make you love me again"

"I said stop it" Lily tried again to push him away from her. But he was too strong. Tears filled her eyes when she realised she couldn't fight him off her, her body shook as his hand moved further up her skirt "John please stop" She sobbed, until suddenly a force from behind them interrupted. John staggered backwards, Lily rushed into the arms of the person standing behind John.

"Shh, it's alright" the voice soothed "You're alright"