The Start of Another Beginning

Author's POV

Jimin awoke from his slumber and prepared some breakfast. With a yawn, he continued to flip the pancakes in the pan and listened to the sound of the coffee maker he recently bought. Out of all days, today was the day he needed coffee the most.

¨Jimin, you're up early¨

Hoshi made his way to the island and sat down as Jimin gave him a plate of pancakes. He observed his best friend and saw that he was deep in thought.

¨You'll get her back. I know you will.¨

Jimin poured some coffee in to two cups and smiled at his best friend. Hoshi always knew what to say when he was in a crappy mood. Jimin spent days and nights looking for Y/n across Busan and without his connections, it was really tough for him.

"Thanks Hoshi. I have a feeling I might find her soon."

"I know you will."

"You were best friends right? What were the places you used to visit? Maybe, just maybe, I could find her there."

"Well, there was this one place we would go to everytime we've had a rough day. I don't know if she still remembers, but I definitely still do."

Jimin stopped sipping his coffee and with a determined look on his face, he reached across the island and gripped the other man's arm.

"Take me there"

——————————————————————

Your POV

Piles of paperwork became my best friend these past few days, and trips to different floors from this building just became my cardio.

I was busy reviewing some papers for a new project Mr Kim Seokjin wanted to work on when a cup of coffee came to view. I looked up and smiled at the older brother I loved so dearly.

"How's your work munchkin? Not too overbearing?"

"When did you get here Kookie? It's not too much and if it was too much, I won't complain. I'm still getting a pretty decent salary out of this so it's more of a blessing."

"That's great! The hyungs and I just came by to visit Jin hyung since his birthday is coming up and we wanted to know his schedule. We're planning a surprise party but we have to make sure that he's free before we go full blast on it hahahaha"

"And all of you visiting him now prior to you guys planning isn't making it obvious?¨

I raised my eyebrows and raised my hand to him to prove my point.

"Enlighten me with your genius minds"

I snorted at my own remark and looked back down at my work. I planned to finish early today and just go for a walk to clear things from my mind. Though everything's been going pretty well with how I'm coping with the situation, there's always some lingering uncertainties here and there.

"You really do need to hang out with us more Y/n hahahhaah. Trust me, Jin hyung has the memory of an old man when it comes to things unrelated to business. I don't even understand how he can be a witty CEO of a leading company in the market, make big money, take part in smart investments and STILL forget his own birthday for 4 straight years hahaha"

"Woah, four? Are you serious?!"

"Yeah—"

"What are you guys talking about?"