Having Dinner With The Neighbors

Inside the neighbors house ^

After finishing washing the dishes, I cleaned the house to pass time and to help a little around the house until the clock hit 7:00. I headed to the bathroom to take a shower with my Shea butter body wash, then entered my room to pick out an outfit.

Walking into my mostly empty closet, I picked out an over-sized, worn out sweater dress, with ugg boots, and a simple necklace. Before applying any form of clothing, I must apply my cocoa butter lotion. Looking like an powdered suger brownie is not the look I want.

"5 more minutes' people!" My dad yelled from downstairs. I rolled my eyes; he was always the first to finish and rush us. With still some extra minutes left, I styled my tangled 4c hair into a sloppy "bun". 

I then made my way downstairs to see my brother combing his hair with my comb. "What the heck are you doing with my comb?" I said as I snatched the comb out of his hand.

"Mom said the neighbors had a daughter that is 14 so, of course I have to look good!" he said. "Boy you only 15 stop thinking like that" I said as I smacked him upside the head.

"Stop fighting were about to go!" Mom said as she walked down the stairs. "OK mom" we both said as we glared at each other. My dad opened the door and we all started to walk to their house. It wasn't long until we were standing on their pouch, my hands started to sweat as my mom rang the doorbell.

The door imminently opened, and we were greeted by the man that I saw yesterday carrying the boxes. I almost had to break my neck to get a good look at him. He looked like he was in his 40's. His dark brown hair had grey streaks and he had stubble on his chin.

"Welcome to our house I'm Mr. Adams." he said, I smiled awkwardly and shook his hand.

He moved out of the doorway to let us in the house. The inside looked similar to my house but more expensive looking. A blonde hair lady ran to my mom and gave her a hug. "It's so nice to have you guys here Stacy, I'm Mrs. Adams" she said as she scanned us with her hazel eyes.

"Let sit you guys down and I'll call my kids down stairs." Mrs. Adams said. Mrs. Adams lead us to the dining room, there was a huge dining table with a lot of food on it. Kelvin sat next to me, and my parents sat next to each other.

"Noah and Robin come downstairs to meet our guest." Said Mrs. Adams. Footsteps could be heard coming down the steps. A girl with dark, curly hair and hazel eyes came down first and took a seat in front of Kelvin. The guy from yesterday came next, I snapped my head the other direction to avoid his face as it filled up with a questioning look. Mrs. Robin finally started the dinner.

---

"So what grade are you in" my mom asked Robin. "8th grade" she answered shyly. "I'm one grade higher then you but that can't stop us from dating" answered Kelvin with a smirk, Robin imminently blush. I pinched his leg from under the table. "What did I tell you about flirting" I said through my teeth. "Jesus! Sorry women" he answered back while rubbing the spot I pinched him.

I looked up to see Boah or whatever his name is holding back a laugh...I think. His hair was covering up most of his face. Mrs and Mr Adam were also holding back a laugh, my dad gave Kelvin a proud look and, My mom looked like she was about to hurt me. It's official, I'm not going to make it till the end of dinner.

(A/N I hope this chapter wasn't too confusing )

Leave a Comment.

And leave a vote If you enjoyed.