Car rides

Noah

"How do you like it here" asked Isla.

"It's alright I'm glad I c..could find people who I can laugh with." Isla and I were walking to my car since school was over, Jasmine went in her own car.

As we were about to open the car door I looked up to see my brother running towards us. "Oh great my brother is supposed to ride with us" I mumbled.

"I should go in the backseat then." Isla swiftly opened the backseat door and went in; I went in the driver's seat. I turned around to face her "I warning you my brother is-"

The car door open and Caleb came in."Noah we share this car now, you can't hog it to yourself!" he said angrily.

I was still turned around to face Isla. "What are you looking at?" he turned around to see Isla fidgeting with her seat belt. "Who the heck are you?" Caleb said. "Your neighbor." Isla said blankly.

Caleb scanned her with his eyes, "You look like a stuck up nerd" he said. There was a moment of silence before she responded."You look like an arrogant jock" she snapped back. He smirked

"Playing sports is better than doing homework all day."He said turning back around. Isla body tensed up "Being smart, and respectful is better than being an idiotic, selfish person."

I started the car as I waited for Caleb to reply back to her. "You know one has ever talked to me like that, especially a nerdy girl like you."Isla snorted "That's because everyone worships people like you."

"I'm super good looking aren't I?" He looked at Isla."Whatever." she said. "You didn't deny it though" he said. She looked at the window and I swear I could see a slight red tone on her cheeks.

"Your blushing" Caleb said." W..What do you mean my skin color prevents me from blushing." She said. "It doesn't cover up everything."he said. Isla stayed quiet the whole ride.

I pulled up into the driveway and before I even stopped, Isla bolted out of the car and into her house. "Oh great you scared her away" I said

********************************

My phone vibrated as I stepped into the room, I knew it was Isla.

Isla: I messed up

I laughed and wrote back a message

Noah flo-a: How?

Isla: STOP ACTING STUPID

Noah flo-a: I mean it wasn't that bad..

Isla: I really don't know what possessed me in the car to do that, especially to a jock

Noah flo-a: its okay you were tough

Isla: Wait is he going to ride with us for the whole school year?

Noah flo-a: Sometimes he will, sometimes he won't.

Isla: Ok, bye

Noah flo-a: Wait

Isla: WHAT

I picked my nails and took a deep breath as I typed.

Noah flo-a: Please don't change for other people

It took Isla a while to respond and I started panicking.

Isla: Don't worry, I won't.

I sighed in relief and fell onto my bed. I fell asleep as soon as my head touch the pillow.