HUMANS

AAAA ITS BEEN FOREVER SINCE I UPDATED. To be honest I had major writer's block and was busy testing for the end of the year (yeah i sorry ;-;) like i said, I've had a hard time thinking of good ideas, but I still appreciate the support of you all <3

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. The thought of yesterday made me imminently cringe. I rolled over and threw my pillow on my face. I laid there like that until the realization dawned on me that I had to get up soon or be late. Not wanting Noah and his brother to be late for school, I got up and did my daily morning routine. After, I  went downstairs and grabbed an apple before heading out the door.

I buried my head in my jacket when I saw Noah in the car biting his nails as his brother taps away on his phone. As I walked in front in the car I saw Noah look up at me and wave, I let out a small smile and opened the backseat door. Caleb turned around to look at me and raised an eyebrow. "I see that you took your time today," he said while smirking.

"Y-Yeah I'm sorry about that," I said quietly as I sunk lower into the seat. "It's fine Isla just ignore him," Noah said as he started the car. I slightly nodded while putting on my seatbelt. As Noah drove my stomach silently growl. I grabbed the apple from my pocket and started eating it from the bottom. I felt Noah gaze on me. I looked up to the rearview mirror, "You need something?"

He shook his head but still glanced at me as I finished up the apple. All that was left was the seeds still stored in my mouth. I slyly looked up and smiled before launching the seeds on him. It missed and hit the front window.

Caleb shot up from his seat and Noah gripped the wheel tightly. "What the heck was that"Noah screamed. "My, bullets," I said slowly. "What?" he asked. I pointed at the apple seeds sitting on the windshield table. He looked at the seeds then looked at me before grinning "What that mouth do girl?"

I gasped and kicked his car seat. He bumped into the door as he continued laughing. Noah sighed and parked into the school lot. I ran out and slam the door. As I walked to the school Noah catch up to me.

"Hi" he breathed out. "Why Do, you, walk, so, fast" he wheezed. I laughed "running away from my issues is one way I stay strong". "Hm I see," he said. Silence washed over us as we walked the stairs into the school.

"Hey look, we are not that late," I said just as we walked in the building. Students were still walking into their classes. "Wow, I thought you were going to make us late every day". I faked gasped. "I was late only once!" Noah snickered "What about today". "Yall were the early ones". "Ok Ok Ok I get it" Noah joked.

We continue playing around as we entered the classroom, ignoring everybody that was gossiping. I scanned the room to see that Jessica was not here I sighed and took a seat and Noah sat next to me.

The teacher got up from his desk and sighed "turn to page 45 in the textbooks" he mumbled.

****

After 1st and 2nd period, Noah and I started to walk to lunch. I kept my head down and walked quickly, avoiding everybody in the hallway. Noah struggled to keep up with his chopstick legs.

I looked up to see the cafeteria doorway open, it was filled with people. I instantly stopped in my steps. Noah gently bumped into me, I turned around to face him. "S..sorry" He stammered, "Why did y..you stop all of a sudden".

"I can't do this" I breathed out. I slowly backed up into a corner and leaned against the cold wall. Noah walked over to me and stood next to me.

"I'm sorry you can go get lunch I..I'll stay here" I whispered.

Noah still stood there silently. I looked up at him in annoyance" I said go-" He placed his hand on my shoulder and leaned into my ears "I'm not going anywhere without you Isla."

I felt goosebumps spread across my skin, his breath still lingered on my neck as he moved away. "O...Ok, I'm g..going to go."

My legs scurried into the lunchroom, once again leaving Noah to catch up to me. Because of the time wasted, the lunchline barely had people in it. I grabbed a tray and took a cold pizza before leaving the line.

I watched as people talked and laughed with their friends. I felt my stomach tighten as I watched. Was it jealousy that I was feeling or just loneliness?

I felt Noah presence near me snapping me out of my daze. "So where are we going to sit?" he asked. "Not here," I replied. "Let's go outside."

*********

This chapter shows Isla social problems at school~

crappy chapter, I know but it's a little lengthier than the other chapters (to make up the months I missed.)