Finishing up the dinner

Chapter 4

I stab the steak on my plate and popped it in my mouth. Mom cleared her throat. "What grade are you in Noah?" she asked. "11th grade." he answered back in a nasally tone. 

"Isla is in 11th grade too, you guys could be friends!" she beamed. I rolled my eyes, "T..that's wonderful, isn't i..it Isla?" Noah asked. I swear this guy is purposely trying to annoy me. "Yeah... Sure."I said back.

"I have a great idea!" Mrs. Adam exclaimed. All eyes went on her, "Noah should drive Isla to and from school". I watch as the color on Noah face drained. I smirked and turned to Mrs. Adams. "That sounds like a great idea" I said

My dad shifted in his chair. "I don't think that it's necessary for my baby girl to be ALONE in a car with a guy." He voiced.

"My son won't do anything wrong he's an all a student just like your daughter." Mr. Adams spoke. My dad body relaxed, grades were always really important to him.

"OK that seems good enough" My dad said.

"You guys should get each other phone numbers so you would know when to get out the house." Kelvin said with his dumb smirk.

I awkwardly pulled out my phone from my pocket and handed it to Noah he did the same to me. I typed in my phone number in his expensive looking phone and decided to put my name. I handed him back his phone and got my phoneback.

I looked at my phone and saw he named himself, 'Noah Flo-a'. I hold back a laugh, making a weird expression on my face.

"D..do you like my nickname" he asked. "Yea it's the best name in the world" I said sarcastically.

"We better go home now Stacey I think they're getting a little too comfortable." My dad whispered to my mom, he can be the most dramatic person I know sometimes.

My parents got up from the table, signaling me and my brother to get up too. "Thanks for the dinner but it's getting late and the kids have school tomorrow" my dad said. "Come on you guys let's go walk them out" Mrs. Adam exclaimed.

We all walked to the door and Mr. Adams opened it. Our parents stood there still talking with the neighbors, it doesn't take this long for your foot to step out the door. I got bored and decided to turn around to admire the house, but saw Robin and Kelvin together.

I watch as Robin handed my brother a piece of paper while blushing. Kelvin took the paper and put it in his pocket; he then took a curl from Robin's hair and put it behind her ear while smiling at her.

"Damn y..your brother is smooth" a high nerdy voice spoke up. I turned around to see Noah facing them. "I know...he's too smooth for his own good" I responded back.

He laughed but soon it was quiet again. My parents finally started leaving and Kelvin and I followed them. "See you tomorrow morning." I said to Noah. "Y-Yea" he responded. Why was he stuttering? Is he cold or something?

I shook off the thought and made my way inside my house. I walked up the stairs and made my way to my bathroom to take a shower.

--

After taking a shower and putting on my pj's, my phone pinged. I grabbed it and looked at who was texting me this late at night. I rolled my eyes when I saw the name.

Noah Flo-a: Open your window

Me: Y

Noah Flo-a: Why did you text me a letter.

Me: Y is a shorter version of why

Noah Flo-a: Why would you shorten a word that's already short? And to answer your question because I said so.

This boy.

Me: Don't question me I'm too tired for that.

While sighing I moved my curtain and opened my window. My jawed dropped as I saw Noah waving at me through a window that was just a few feet from mine.

"What do you want" I asked. "I just wanted to tell you to be outside tomorrow at 6:30."he said "OK, goodnight Boah" I replied back.

My name is not-" Noah started to say till I slammed the window shut. I jumped on my bed and went to sleep dreading the thought of going to school tomorrow.

Vote

 Comment what you think so far

 Things with get interesting in the next chapter