Droplets like ash - Chapter 6

Lace's POV

Hayley, Kira and I had been friends since kindergarten and I remember the day as if it was yesterday. Kira in her white dress and not having a speck of dirt on it, me wearing a flowery dress with just dirt on it, and Hayley, Hayley being the new girl. She had been standing by the fence, a bunny teddy bear in her arms and starring at the crowd of little kids. Kira had been reading not far off from there and I was in the sandbox.

I was busy making this really lame sandcastle when that bunny teddy appeared. Strange how all friendships seem to develop in the sandbox.

"Can... can we play?" this little girl with pig tails had asked and when I had nodded, she flopped down. We were halfway with this really weird structure when I had decided we needed someone else. Someone to "clean the sand-house and keep it motherly" for the bunny and his family. That's how we had gotten Kira to be our friend.

Kira had been hesitant at first but after a while and one flopped (and then fixed) part of the sand castle, we became best friends.

That's why, when she came into the kitchen, Hayley and I immediately knew something was up.

"Killer" she looked up at us, her eyes glassy and then we all left the breakfast bar, moving to her.

"Who do I need to punch?"

"I want to go home" she whimpered and Hayley and my arms surrounded her.

"Come on" Hayley whispered and we led her upstairs to our rooms. We went into mine, Hayley's still smelling like the morning sickness.

"I miss Dave and I want to go home! I'm writing tomorrow and I'm going to miss my test and I just... I want to be home" she said, placing her head on Hayley's shoulder.

"Whose Dave?" our heads turned to where Liam stood by the doorway.

"Her boyfriend" I responded, glaring at the guy.

Liam nodded, and surprisingly took out his phone, throwing it at Kira.

"Message him and tell him you're fine. Nothing about being kidnapped okay? Or I will take him as well. You don't call the police or anyone else"

"Thank – thank you..."

______________________________________________________________________

TO: DaveyJones@Tomlinson.com

FROM: Kira.Killer.Hanson@Tomlinson.com

SUBJECT: Missing you

_______________________________________________________________________

Hey baby

I miss you tons and I wish you were here with me. I love you so, so, so much. We decided to stay a bit longer and take the week off. But we're perfectly safe and I can't wait to see you. I'll make it up to, I promise.

Hayley is doing better and don't worry, we know about the night. Love you to the moon and back

Your love bug

Kira

_______________________________________________________________________