Sight: - Chapter 28

Liam's POV

"Hayley! Hailstorm!" I slid towards her, on my knees, tears somehow having clustered together and were now spilling down my cheek. I have never shifted so fast in my life and I could still feel my tail bone shortening as I fell onto my mate.

There she was, lying with a shallow breath in a pool of her own blood.

No, no, I can't lose her. I know I couldn't. For fluff's sake, I couldn't even stay far away from her. I pushed her shoulder, her blood on my hands but I didn't care. I uttered her name a billion times but with no response. The tears fell onto her cheeks, my heart feeling like it was slowly breaking apart. Please, please don't leave me.

What came next still confused the life out of me. I slowly lifted her up, cradling her head on my chest and then, as if I was yelling into the sky, I threw my head backwards before lunching my teeth into her neck. Blood instantly flooded my mouth but I tried not to spit it out or gag.

Retracting I forced my wrist towards my mouth, ripping the skin there before placing the wound onto hers. My eyes widened when I felt the electricity. That dangerous spark that coursed through my arm to my heart. Things became harder after that. The energy left my body, moving into hers. Her body started to heal, the blood not spilling anymore. I felt my eyelids becoming like led but I knew I had to stay awake. I had no freaking choice.

A flutter made my eyes fall onto hers. I was met with sapphires, gorgeous glowing orbs of promises and... love.

"Liam" my name was but a whisper but still made the Cheshire cat grin appear on my face before the led took over and I fell backwards into the darkness.

XXX

4 months later

Liam's POV

I looked with widened eyes as my small little chubbles waddled towards the light grey wolf. The wolf looked fearful, canines too sharp for Audrey to just crawl too.

She had her were-ears, they looking adorable. When she reached the wolf, she clutched onto its snout, the thing shaking the baby off. Hail drop giggled, little bubbles appearing on her mouth. The wolf nuzzled the baby, my daughter only giggling more.

"Wow, that's so cute" Kira smiled. I quickly glanced over at the girl, her hand wrapped into Chris'. He gave me a wink, nudging to the hand when Kira wasn't looking.

Only Chris...

"Yeah, Audrey loves her mom" I smiled, leaning against the tree. A click went off and when I looked to my other side, Lacy stood there, a big grin on her face.

"What? Memories" she shrugged, me rolling my eyes once more. Where was Mason when you needed him?

I heard Audrey giggled as she came back to me, holding up her hands in an effort for me to pick her up.

"You don't want to play with mommy no more?" I joked, snuggling her into my neck.

"I had to shift you idiot" my mate said as she appeared out of the trees, wearing a red summer dress. She took Audrey from me, giving her a hug. The girl giggled once more, grabbing hold of her nose. Half way through the giggle she let out barks, me chuckling.

Hayley placed her head on my arm, giving her daughter another hug. She looked up at her friends, Lacy taking another photo while Chris sneaked a kiss onto Kira's cheek when she thought no one had seen.

style=St