Brought for a reason - Chapter 23

Liam's POV

I sped through the trees, feeling the freedom course through me. The stress was slowly disappearing, power replacing it. You know... that was up until I heard the roar. No... no please no...

My body buckled, me falling to the ground as the control surged through me. He knew. Cody definitely knew. A large shadow fell on me and I looked up, seeing a wolf twice my size growling down at me.

"Well if it isn't the warrior I'm looking for"

I slowly get up, keeping my head low. He was my superior and this was apparent by the way my body was racking with pain. When you went against the wolf-code or well, your alpha, you tended to suffer.

Alpha

Why'd you run?

He was moving around me, myself gulping down the clot that has formed in my throat.

Sir, I wanted to go for a run

Not a complete lie but there was definitely something hidden.

Taylor, I expect you back and in your office in five minutes. We can talk properly then

The wolf moved away from me, dread filling me, "Bring Mason and Chris with you too"

Nice going Liam, get your friends killed now as well...

Three minutes later I was in my office, standing in front of it as I waited for my death sentence. Cody hadn't arrived yet, probably just to make my nerves even worse. The door opened and Mason and Chris appeared, both of them looking about as green as I did.

On either side they stood before the door reopened and the air was filled with supremacy. In the corner of my eye I saw the alpha move around the desk, taking his seat calmly before looking at the three of us.

It felt like we were back in the principal's office of years ago. But a billion times worse.

"So, tell me – who are those human girls walking around here?" Cody asked, starring directly at me.

"Nurses" Mason spoke up, his voice (and thank goodness for it) firm.

Cody barked out a laugh, "Very funny Johnson. Didn't know you had a sense of humour"

We stayed quiet, Cody's eyebrows knitting together.

"Nurses huh? Human. Now, now, now... we all know that's not true. And not the real reason" he was tapping his chin, mocking us somewhat.

"Matthews, let's see if you can be serious for once. Why are these girls here?"

Chris gulped, glancing over to me. His face was ashen, his eyes darting from me to our alpha.

"The one is with child" I sighed, hearing Chris suck in his breath.

Cody's eyes widened and his gaze fell on me.

"Whose?"

"Mi-mine" I sighed, knowing that my end will come now.

Cody nodded, leaning back in his chair, "Bring her" he growled, my insides clenching.

"Sir I-"

"Bring her" he snapped, shooting daggers at me with his eyes. They were shining red, the command washing over me painfully. I nodded, moving towards the door while my friends stayed behind.

Heading up the stairs, I tried not to puke. How was I going to protect this girl? My baby? I knocked on the door, calling her name. A moment later the door opened, her eyes filled with hope.