But there's nothing they could do - Chapter 21

Kira's POV

I shot away from Chris, my eyes falling onto the light brown haired boy that stood there throwing invisible dynamite at me.

"Davy?" I hiccupped, my heart thundering against my chest. His face morphed into that of complete anger as his hands formed fists and he stomped off, the vein in his neck visible.

O shit... tears swelled up to my eyes as I stumbled on after him, my paper completely forgotten as it fell to the floor once more. I could redo it. I could rewrite the whole bloody thing if I needed to.

All that mattered now was Davy. I rounded the corner, speeding up as I yelled his name which only seemed to make his ears redder. I finally caught up to him, my hand latching onto his bicep but he was quick to push me off.

"Leave me alone Kira" he growled, his eyes shooting daggers at me.

"Davy I-"

"Is that why you've been so distant later!? You're seeing a guy behind my back?"

"No I-"

"Save it. You're such a fricking... I thought you were different but clearly you're not. You're exactly like your bloody friends" he growled, his voice moving over to cruelty.

"Davy I'm sorry I just, he's nothing to me- wait, what did you mean by my friends?" Tears will still streaming down my face but for a second they halted, a slight bubble of anger coming from somewhere.

"Hayley. Hayley's knocked up and the only reason Lacy isn't is probably because she already has a STD" he sneered, not sounding like the guy I've been seeing for so long, at all. No, this person was unkind.

"Don't talk like that" I hiccupped, "Don't bring them into this. I love you Davy. I promise I would never-"

"I should have freaking known Kira" he snapped, pushing the tears out of his face and pushing me away from him, "You're a slut" the words were like a slap to the face. More tears, a flood came out of my eyes now. Everything was blurry and I felt like my world was crashing.

"Kira!" his voice only worsened the problem. A blurry Chris appeared, my closing my eyes and trying not to see what was going to happen.

"Dude listen- this was my fault. Killer, Killer had nothing to do with it" his voice came out firm but the Dave was dead quiet. I suddenly heard a loud cracking sound and my eyes flew open. Chris was clutching his fist, his teeth gritted together. Chris had a bruise forming on his cheek thought he didn't seem fazed.

"You freaking..." Davy growled, me moving towards him to help but he took a step away from me.

"Don't. Go f*ck your new boyfriend because I'm done. You are such a slut, I knew I should have listened to my parents" he spat before spinning around, stomping off. I watch the person go, feeling like the Dave I knew was the complete opposite of this guy. A breath hitched in my throat and I felt myself crumbling to the ground as heartbreak coursed through me, wreaking havoc on my body.

I closed my eyes, gritting my teeth together as I wrapped my arms around my knees. Something touched my shoulder but I pushed it off, wanting to be alone. What had I done? What had happened to my brain back there?

I had thrown away a year of building and growing with someone. And for what? Stupid, stupid, STUPID!!! A hiccup escaped my throat and then two firm arms wrapped around me and I was lifted off of the ground. I was cradled against something hard thought my eyes were shut, my body lightly shaking. I didn't care what was going on around me. I just wanted Dave. All I wanted was my boyfriend.