And lest just say - Chapter 9

Hailstorm's POV

Once we were inside, we were ushered to the sitting room, all three guys with arms folded. Mason had turned back into the biggest grump in the world and even Chris seemed pissed off. I took my seat between Lacy and Kira, ready for the yelling of our lives.

Liam came to stand in front of me, bending down slightly so that I was staring into his eyes, "What do you guys know?" he asked which was basically a pretty big shock.

"What?" I spluttered.

"Know – like what did little miss nosy find out?" he repeated, gesturing to Lacy.

"We... we know that you guys are supernatural" I mumbled, looking down at my lap but then, his fingers clasped onto my chin, pulling my head back up.

"What kind of supernatural?"

"Werewolves"

What else? You guys literally shifted in front of us.

Liam nodded, tightening his grip on my chin, "And what do you think this place is?"
"A training ground"

"For what?"

"I don't know" I said, wishing he'd let go of my chin by now. Instead he held on, his gaze not wavering either.

"We're warriors" he responded.

"Warriors?" Lacy said, her eyebrows scrunching together.

"To protect the alpha."

"And who's the alpha?"

"The strongest and most superior wolf in our pack" Mason responded, glancing over at Liam.

"Are you the alpha?" I asked.

"No, the alpha is much better than I am" he said, finally releasing my chin.

"So, you guys are basically training to defend a guy whose stronger than – and this is just what I've gathered – stronger than all of you?" Kira said, sounding a lot bolder than she usually would.

"It's more complicated than that" Liam spat, glaring at the girl.

"Then how is it?" Lacy asked, folding her arms.

"It's our jobs. You guys might not understand this, but it's a duty we have" Mason said, standing up a bit straighter.

"Still seems pretty silly" Lacy said which made a growl escape form Mason's mouth.

"Just because you guys don't have a duty or something bigger than you to care for, does not make it stupid! You flipping humans and your stupidity. We actually value someone who is there to safe us, make us stronger. Give us our power! You guys value idiots with fake faces and fake lives!"

Lacy looked at him wide eyed, annoyance in those eyes of hers, "No need to be rude" she snapped, "I was just saying-"

"Stop saying then" he snapped.

Lacy sighed, sitting back on the couch.

"Right okay so, we're werewolves. This is a training facility for warriors. You guys are the nurses of these warriors. We protect the alpha thus your jobs are to protect us." Liam said, "Now, please go to your rooms. It's been a long day and I'll send up some food later. You guys are probably starving" We all nodded, slowly getting up from the couch and moving towards our bedrooms. That was until Liam stopped me.

Sure, my friends go away Scott free (which I am thankful for, don't get me wrong) but I also want to be Scott.

"No, no, no" he said, a smirk on his face with eyes full of anger, "We are going to talk"