And it was named - Chapter 24

After dinner, my friends were escorted to the spare bedroom while I made my way to Liam's room. Today had been a very stressful day and I just needed the rest. I needed to drift off to sleep with Hail drop giving my tummy a massage.

But as I entered the room, Liam was there, taking off his shoes. I tried not to roll my eyes as I came to sit next to him, taking off my own pair.

"Hayley-"

"It's fine. Forget about it" I mumbled, moving to my bag and rummaging through it to get out pyjamas. He was silent but I was guessing he was just nodding in agreement. But when I turned around I gulped, my cheeks flooding with heat.

"What... what are you doing?" I asked, my eyes ogling at the firm torso the guy owned. Why was he without a shirt? Why in goodness name was it making my mouth dry?

"Getting ready for bed" he shrugged, ignoring my Anime-sized-eyes as I watched him climb into the bed.

"Excuse me?"

"Sleep Hayley. It's what people do"

"Not together you perverted... perverted... werewolf (great insult Hailstorm), just because your stupid alpha thinks we are mates, doesn't mean I am sleeping with you in the same bed"

"First of all he is NOT stupid. Show some bloody respect for once" he growled, his anger adamant, "Secondly, your friends are using my bed and if you think I'm going to sleep on some couch or something, you are mistaken"

"So you opt for sleeping with me?" I said, folding my arms. To my irritation, he nodded.

"No" I snapped, stomping my foot like a little child.

"Hailstorm, bloody hell just sleep" he groaned, rolling his eyes.

"No, I'm not sleeping with you here"

"Then what?" he sighed, clearly annoyed.

"I don't know but I'm not"

"Why not?"

"Because- because... just no"

"Are you scared something is going to happen?" something flashed in his eyes and he got out of the bed, stalking towards me, "Scared we'll kiss or something? Prove the mating bond?" he whispered, me standing frozen where I was. He reached me, my brain losing all senses.

"What is it Hayley?" he breathed, "Scared Alpha Cody was right? That all these things that had happened between us that they weren't some fluke you could brush off. That Hail drop is there NOT because I had forgotten that silly latex thing, but because she/he was meant to-" he was breathing out the words but I didn't let him finish. Tears brimmed my eyes, my lips tickling and wanting to be on his.

"No" I mumbled, and then shook my head, "NO!" I pushed away from him, throwing the door open and rushing out of there.

Kira... I needed Kira to knock some sense in me.

And I needed Lacy to just knock him.

XXX

Kira's POV

Lacy had decided to take a shower that evening and had effectively left me alone in the room to dwell in my own sadness. I had never been an emotional person, mind you. I was calculated, thought things through. I wasn't some crying mess that needed comfort the whole time.

But dammit... if I wasn't one now. I groaned, scratching my head out of frustration. Dave... stupid, stupid Dave. Yesterday I had tried to talk to him but he had thrown the door in my face. Every message I had sent his way, he had blocked and even my emails came back unanswered. And Dave had this thing where he ALWAYS had to respond to one.

There was a knock on the door and when I looked up I saw Chris standing there holding three mugs.

"Brought some hot chocolate for our guests" he grinned, placing two of them on the cupboard and handing me one.

"Thanks" I said, wiping a stray tear of off my face.

"Hey, have you been crying love?" he asked, me not bothering to correct him. He came to sit next to me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"No" I mumbled, wiping off the tears once more.

"O Killer" he mumbled, rubbing up and down my back, "Listen to me, that Dave guy. He's... he's an asshole. And you've probably fallen in love a thousand times and he, well he's just a heartbreak closer to you finding the actual one you belong with. And maybe you don't feel that way now, but it'll get better" I looked up at him, blinking away a stray tear. He gave me a light smile, squeezing me into a hug.

"You're really good at this" I laughed, a smile appearing on my face.

"I have sisters" he shrugged, "Thought usually it involves me punching the jerk as well"

"Well, you did get punched" I joke, getting a chuckle from him.

"Very funny, I'm sorry by the way"

I nodded, not knowing how to respond. I rested my head on his shoulder, feeling his fingers starting to comb through my hair. We stayed like that for I don't know how long, his hand later on moving onto my jaw. It slowly guided towards my chin, lifting up my head so that I was staring at him.

"Your pain is going to end love" he mumbled, leaning in and kissing my cheek. My heart sped up at the slight brush of skin and I took hold of his own face before he could lean too far away. I leaned into him, our lips connecting and sparks igniting. The kiss was soft, something sweet and kind about it. But o goodness, the butterflies still exploded in my stomach. It was magnetic, amazing, and glorious even.

And for a moment, I was in this overly happy bubble. Something I haven't been able to have for at least a week.

But then that bubble burst. The door was thrown open, Chris and I jumping away from each other as I saw a very shocked Hayley by the doorway.

"No, no, no" she stuttered, taking a step backwards.

"Hayley..." I started but she shook her head, "No! Hell no!" she snapped, "This isn't happening" her hands flew to her hair.

"Hun-"

"You guys aren't mates!" she snapped, the words foreign to me as she stumbled further away from the room and disappeared from my view.

I jumped up from the bed, calling my friends name as I rushed to the door but then, Liam came into my view.

"Have you guys seen Hayley?" he asked, worry filling his eyes.

"She ran out of here" I mumbled, worry making my voice shaky.

"Crap" Liam grumbled, pushing off of the doorframe and disappearing down the hallway as well. I glanced over at Chris, biting my lip.

"This shouldn't have happened" I mumbled, before leaving the room as well. I rushed down the stairs, grabbing Lacy on my way.

"Hey Killer, what's going on?" she asked as I pulled her, "Hayley... she... she ran off"

"She probably just went somewhere private Killer, don't worry. We'll find her"

"Nope" I said as I noticed the image outside the window. Our friend, rushing towards the acres upon acres of trees.

"O no" Lacy said, her eyes widening.

acl@t1