Shooting, hitting, exploding - Chapter 17

Hayley's POV

I was angry. Angry and sad. And mostly felt overly defeated. My friends had tried to cheer me up but there was no use. I was devastated. Two years and for what? Zilch. Nada. I turned my body to stare at the sun rising through my dorm's window.

In three hours I'd be going down to the administration office and throw all my hard work in the garbage. I sighed, feeling Hail drop kicking on my bladder and slowly got up from my bed, trudging towards the bathroom.

Regret filled every part of me but then also guilt. I had learned to love Hail drop and regretting sleeping with its stupid dad was where the guilt came from. Sure, I wasn't completely ready to have it but then, who was?

I placed my hand over my stomach, going to sit down on my bed and watching as the sun raised towards the sky. It was quite beautiful, magical even. Enveloped in silence and calmness, it felt like I had entered a painting. A painting filled with promises and vibrant colours.

And then, then someone had flipping thrown a tub of black paint on the sunset. The intense knocking made anger bubble in my stomach as I jumped up from the bed. It was six thirty AM, who the hell was bothering me at this hour!? I groaned, throwing the door open and only got anger.

"Before you slap me or something I – I – look what I got" he said and held up a stack of papers as he slid past me and came to stand in the middle of my room.

"It's six thirty Liam, I don't feel like fighting now and whatever you got – congratulations on wasting paper" I grumbled.

"No, no, no, Hailstorm. Listen to me" he said, "I found a way you can finish your course"

"What are you talking about" I grumbled, folding my arms.

"Online! Your university offers an online course"

"Liam I study paramedic, it's an on-hands course. I can't just work on a compu-"

"That's what I thought too, but look" he said and shoved a piece of paper in my face, "I googled it and it actually works! And there's like videos and stuff to help you out" he said, stuffing even more papers in my vision.

"You're sure about this?" I asked, hope starting to fill me. Don't squash it Liam, please don't.

"I'm hundred percent sure" he grinned, looking like an overgrown child with the excitement filled in his eyes, "I stayed up all night to research the stuff and make sure it was actually possible. I've already written down all your stuff on the form. All you have to do is sign" he said, going through his tree-killing-spree and getting out three papers.

"Liam, I don't know what to say" I smiled, throwing my arms around him and giving him a hug.

"Say you'll sign it" he grinned, looking around my room for a pen.

I nodded eagerly, heading to my desk and rummaging around for the pen I knew I had there. I rushed towards Liam, making a very un-neat signature on the open space.

"Great! Come on"

"Where are we going now?" I sighed.

"To hand this in" he said, holding up the papers.

"They only open at nine" I said, watching as his face fell.

"We'll go then" I smiled at him lightly. He nodded, putting the papers down on my bed and scratching the back of his head, "So um yeah, that's all I came to give you" he said, making a movement to leave.

"You don't have to go" I smiled at him, "I can make you some coffee. I can't have any but shame, you stayed up all night for me"

A grin broke his face again as he went to sit down on my bed. I put on my kettle, getting out two thirds of the mugs I owned. I made myself some tea and him my desired coffee before handing the mug to him.