Memories

Kiara jumped over Lee as she swiftly grabbed a suna shinobi and threw him against a nearby wall, causing the boy in green to give her a shout of praise.

As the two protected themselves and the village people passed out around them, the black haired girl gave Lee a wide grin. It wasn't until the strange purple box that had been on top of a nearby roof that the shinobi around them seemed to back off. Noticing this Kiara turned to look for the reason for the attack, but only saw a few of their shinobi surrounding what looked to be a body.

The pale girl felt a pang in her chest, but she pushed it aside as she looked to Rock Lee who was moving her way on crutches. 

Suddenly Kakashi appeared before her, having quickly made his way up to the body to figure out what had happened. His black eye stared at the two in front of him, Kiara was giving Lee a small smile before turning to her teacher with wide concerned eyes. 

"What is it?" She asked, noticing the tense atmosphere that surrounded the silver-haired man.

"The Hokage is dead..." As soon as he spoke Kiara gave a jerk, her eyes widening before she turned to Lee and pressed her face into the boy's chest. 

Instantly Lee's arms went around the girl, who was seeming to stare into space,  as tears began to fall from his face. Kakashi watched the two in concern, unsure if there was anything he could say.

"W-why can't I cry?" At the sound of her soft shaky voice, the two males looked at the female who was shaking before them. "Kakashi, I can't cry..." 

Instantly the man in questions face fell as he realized that even though she had forgotten her past, it seemed to still have its claws dug so deeply. 

"Kiara..." Lee whispered, before gently placing his forehead against hers, his eyes falling closed as he held her.

It wasn't until later that they heard any news about the rest of Team 7, and only minor injuries being reported Kiara felt a bit relieved. Soon enough she was sitting beside the bed that Lee was propped up in, nurses checking him for injuries before leaving the two alone. 

"Lee, I've done some bad things in my life haven't I?" At this softly spoken question, Lee looked at her with a small sigh.

"Kiara, from what I understand of your past it's not who you truly are inside. Your youthful, strong, and kind, and no matter what anyone says or what you've done that is how I will always see you."

As he spoke Kiara's eyes filled up and before she knew it she was sobbing into the blanket of Lee's cot.

Said boy gently ran a hand through her hair as she cried, humming gently hoping to ease some of her pain but also happy she was able to let it out. 

Lee watched as Kiara slowly fell asleep, having cried for so long that the exhaustion of her fight, the battle, and news of the Hokage taking its toll on her.

Later that week they held the funeral and the two stood together, their fingers intertwined as the sky cried heavily above them. Kakashi glanced at the two, his eyes filled with sadness at the death of the Hokage, but at the sight of the two holding hands, he relaxed slightly. 

Kiara sighed as she walked into a dango shop having decided to bring some for Lee, her eyes falling on two strange figures sitting at the table. At the sight of the red clouds, she froze, remembering that the cloak she had been found in looked like them. 

As she took a step forward the figure to the left looked up at her, his blue skin causing the girl to clutch at her head. 

"You should sit down if your head hurts." The male chuckled, watching as the girl stumbled to sit in the seat beside them.

"S-Sorry...I was injured recently...Do I know you?" At the question, a small smirk spread across the man's face, but they fell silent as the girl looked into the eyes of the other figure. At the sight of red her eyes widened, and before she knew if who whole life flashed before her eyes. 

Memories tore her mind apart, and her very soul quivered in despair, the girl began to hyperventilate at the realization that she was a monster. 

'Your youthful, strong, and kind, and no matter what anyone says or what you've done that is how I will always see you.' At the sound of Lee's voice, the girl slumped over, her eyes suddenly feeling heavy. 

"Woah, I thought she said she wouldn't remember?" The blue man grunted as his arm wrapped around the girl who was silently panting against him.

"Hey, guys..." At the sound of Kakashi's voice, the two men fell silent, but Kisame didn't let go of the now unconscious Kiara. They listened as the shinobi spoke to two others from the village, but at the sound of Sasuke walking up the two seemed to disappear with the girl. 

As the two cloaked figures walked along a cemented path by the river, a girl slung over the shoulders of one they were stopped by two others. 

"You guys aren't from around here, are you? What are you doing with the girl?" At the gruff voice of Asuma, Kisame smirked. 

"It's been a long time Asuma, Kurenai."
"The fact that you know our names means you used to be from this village, but you still haven't answered my question. Why do you have Kiara?" After he finished a sudden pause fell upon the group before the cloaked figure moved his straw hat from his head, a soft jingle was heard from the bell attached. 

"Y-Your...Huh, well what do you know, Itachi." Asuma gave a slight huff of fake amusement, as Kisame introduce himself there was a small groan from the female across his shoulder. 

"Kiara, are you hurt?" But Kisame didn't give her a chance to answer, or for Asuma to listen for one as he swung Samehada at the man causing a crater to form in the ground. 

As the shinobi fought against the two Akatsuki members, Kisame was able to easily keep Kiara on his shoulder who was still unconscious her memories have been too much for her.

Before the fight could tip over to the Akatsuki side Kakashi appeared, using a shadow clone to fight off Kisame's jutsu as he held a kunai at Itachi. 

His eyes trailed to the unconscious form of his student as he grit his teeth, "What have you done to her?"

"Oh no, we didn't do anything just accidentally caused some old memories to come back." Kisame chuckled, causing Kakashi to growl under his breath. 

"You were the ones she fought in the woods then." As he pieced this together the girl in questions fingers twitched as she woke with a scream. Kisame was able to hold onto her as she jerked, everyone watched as fear contorted her face in a way Kakashi had never seen. 

"No! Lord Danzo! I'm sorry!" She gripped onto Kisame, who in turn wrapped an arm up and around her. 

Itachi stared at the girl, his red eyes able to meet hers once the girl looked around in fear and confusion. Instantly her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she once again slumped against Kisame, her hands still clutching onto his cloak as tears ran down her face. 

"Hmmm, and here I thought Konoha was suppose to be a good village." At Kisames taunt the three shinobi tensed up knowing this battle was far from over.