Years Later...

Years had passed since Kiara had joined the Akatsuki and many times she found herself with Itachi and Kisame. Most of the other members never hung around long enough for her to talk to.
Not that she was complaining, as many times the others seemed to either contemplate eating or killing their newest member.
Kiara sat above a small brook on a large rock that had an overview of Itachi and Kisame who were conversing with their Akatsuki leader Pein.
I wonder...how are you doing Rock Lee? I heard Sasuke left not long after I was taken, is Naruto getting stronger?
Noticing that the two seemed to be finished talking to Pein, Kiara pushed herself up to her feet before dropping down to land beside the two.
"Where are we going next?"
"We are going to be capturing the one tailed jinchuriki." As Kisame explained their Olán Kiara couldn't help but picture the boy Gaara.
Last time she had seen him the boy had been trying to kill Rock Lee.
"I want to help." Kiara cut the blue male off and started off without another word towards the sand village.
"Even if you ran there you would likely miss the fighting."
Kiara spun around her eyes flickering with what looked like lava as she met the gaze of her two companions.
I will get revenge for hurting you Rock Lee.
"Then I'll need to move quickly." With that she took off hearing Kisame's grumbling as he prepared to explain to Pein their leader that the hot shot new recruit was heading to meet up with Diedera and Sasori.
As the girl moved through the woods her black cloak with red clouds fluttered behind her, the front opened to show peaks of her outfit underneath. A black sleeveless jumpsuit that covered from her neck to her ankles with a maroon skirt that had two slits to allow for easier movement at her thighs. On it was her  Hitai-ate which showed off her connection to the leaf, all the while the scratch that ran through it showed her rogue status.
As she raced through the woods a raven flew overhead catching her attention, and she knew without a doubt the Akatsuki were watching.
But that didn't matter anymore, as no longer did she have a connection to the leaf. The capture of the one tails was a personal agenda and she would make sure to help see it through.
As an Akatsuki member there have times where they have sent her out to kill targets and bring their heads in for a bounty. Kiara had no problems with this as many of the people she was sent after have been murderers, crooks, and rapists. But the Akatsuki still watched her, always watching to see if she would take off with the information on how to take them down.
Yeah right, with two immortals, a puppet, and Itachi Uchiha on their side the idea of betraying them is ignorant.
With a sigh she continued to run, gliding through the trees at a speed that she had been trained at a young age to reach.
As she moved Kiara began to notice she wasn't alone, as the sound of animals in the area began to fall silent.

She continued her imposible pace knowing that if they were able to keep up there was only one likely group of people trained to be as fast.
As a kunai shot out for her throat as she leapt halfway between two tries, Kiara spun her fingers from her right hand reaching under her left sleeve.
Eyes filled with rage burned with fire as her fingers gently ran over the marking placed there for one reason.
The three sent after Kiara froze as they saw the blade that slid silently out from under her Akatsuki cloak sleeve.

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry...for your master has sent you to your death." Kiara rasped out before landing on the tree behind her and launching off taking two of the masked heads off before they could move to grab their weapons. The third froze at the sight of his comrades deaths before with a shout of rage pulling out his own sword and launching himself at the girl.
"Do not let rage control your actions...for it will lead to your death." Kiara spoke gently as she ducked under the wide swipe of the overly large sword the root member held.
He must be sending them in order to get rid of them...even now Danzo is using me.
With that Kiara swiped her sword across the figures chest causing him to gasp but before he could move she spun raking her sword across his throat.
With a gurgle the figure slumped to the ground as the whole Kiara returned her sword to its summon.
The girl scoffed at the weaklings on the ground before continuing on towards the sand village, not even taking the time to look at the faces of those she'd killed.
Wind blew gently moving her hair to show the burn marks that marred her face, a reminder of her past. Another change the girl had taken, her long black hair was now cut at her jaw, a symbol of her dishonor to the village. Something she had down to herself as soon as she found herself joining the Akatsuki.

As night came the Kunoichi found herself staring out at the sand village where a large body of sand covered the village as one of Diedara's explosions shook the area.
Her breath fogged out in front of her as confusion filled her heart, the boy who tried to kill Rock Lee...tried to sacrifice himself?

Shaking off the thoughts that plagued her mind, she watched Diedara grabbed the jinchuriki form and flew off but stayed as she watched Sasori make his way across the sand.

Something is wrong...what did I miss? Why isn't he the killer I saw in Konoha? He tried to protect people? What am I missing?
She almost growled in confusion at the realization as a rogue she was out of the loop with the dealings in the village.
But this was a path she had chosen and there was no turning back now....right?