*12* - Chasing Genevieve

If she doesn't show, we can at least crash the fundraiser and try and have a good time

I feel like a totally different person in this dress. The last time I wore anything like this was Prom. I miss those days. I never questioned what my parents did for a living. I never felt like I wanted to follow in their footsteps.

Prior to touching down in Italy, we made all the arrangements from hotel rooms to outfits. The ladies got one room, the men got the other.

Currently in our room, Romanoff is changing in the bathroom. Wanda and I are already dressed but standing as far away from each other as possible. I think about that small burst of pain in my head from earlier. I haven't had another episode like it since.

Wanda's dress is a flattering, deep red, with plunging neckline and a bit of fabric enough to cover her shoulders. The dress stops at knee length. Something simple, but something elegant as well. Her hair is pulled away from her face and back, allowing her features to be seen.

As for my dress...well, it's not something I'm used to wearing. It's maneuverable, as all of ours have to be in case Genevieve decides to run. That's if she's even at this event, we're just speculating off a hunch.

Instead of the neckline, my dress back is plunging thanks to the halter top. Any lower and my crack will show. There's a small space where cleavage is noticeable, but it's mostly concealed. The only downside to this dress is the length; it pools down at my feet. With heels on, it just kisses the floor. I decided to go with curling my dark blonde hair, pinning some back so my face could be more prominent.

"How will we know which one is Genevieve if she's here?" Wanda asks me. She's sitting on one of the beds, strapping on her high heels. "You said she can clone herself. What if this is a ruse and we are only chasing clones?"

"Then we hope that Gen isn't that smart to have thought about that." I take baby steps across the room. "I can't remember the last time I wore heels."

"I think you look great."

Wow. Wanda Maximoff is being civil. "Thanks. But my issue is if she's a runner."

"Then take off the heels and pursue her on foot." Wanda shrugs. "I don't hate you, I hope you know that."

I look at her strangely. "You thought to mention this because...?"

"You and I haven't been on the best of terms."

"That we can agree on."

"I've always had this thing about trust. Since you were once Hydra..."

"Reluctant Hydra," I correct her.

"I couldn't buy that until I saw it for myself. When you healed Pietro...I almost put trust in you. You almost swayed me. Depending on how this mission goes, we might just end up coming out of this as friends."