*22* - Playing Dirty

When Nick's visitation comes around, he's accompanied by Genevieve

When Nick's visitation comes around, he's accompanied by Genevieve. She stares at me blankly and watches as Nick siphons my powers, rendering me useless. As he steps back, the bad lighting in here shows me Mother has been with him. The new hickeys on his neck are practically saying hello to me.

Freaking disgusting.

"Don't say much, do you?" I ask him. As usual, he's silent. He retreats out of my room, but Gen remains. She's stoic against the wall, propping her one foot against it while leaning the rest of her body back on it. "He's a party. Hydra made, I'm assuming."

"Why are you resisting us, Rory?" Gen asks me quietly.

"Why are you okay with this?" I ask right back. "Gen, you know what Hydra stands for."

"A new world order. Peace in our time."

"Bet you a mad man once said that out of insanity. And I'll bet that landed him nowhere pleasant." I bite my lower lip. "I'm sorry about your mom, Gen."

Her face doesn't waver. "My...mom?"

I cock my head. "Yeah...Your mom's gone. Didn't someone tell you?"

Confusion crosses her face. "No." She shakes her head. "You're lying to me."

"Oh, really, I'm the liar here. That's rich." I snort. "If you want to know what a real liar looks like, go to my mother. She's the best there is. She's the reason your mom is dead, Gen."

"Stop it."

"Oh, you think I'm kidding? She's the reason your mom and our dad," I wince, "both bit the dust. She murdered them both."

"What reason would she have?"

I smack my forehead. "Jesus, Genevieve, how are you so stupid? She killed them because of what happened between them! The affair!" I exhale loudly. How did I look up to you when I was blinded by Hydra loyalty?

Gen keeps shaking her head, in denial. "No, you're lying. We don't turn on each other."

"Go ahead, ask my mother. Ask her about your mom. She'll most likely feed you bullshit, but give it the good ole college try."

"You think this is some sort of game?" Gen snarls, stalking towards me. We're practically eye level. "You think you can just say whatever the hell you want?"

"I'm telling you the truth."

"You trying to play tricks on me?"

"The only person doing that is my mother. Where'd all that brain go, Gen? Did it get flushed down the toilet with your free will to think for yourself and see right from wrong?"