*14* - Movie Night

I finally understand where Tony's nickname of "Elsa" for me comes from

It's a rather interesting choice, a Disney movie called Frozen. I haven't watched any Disney films since I was a little girl, so it almost gives me a sense of nostalgia when the movie begins.

"I know there is such a thing as arranged marriages, but how can someone marry a person they just met?" Thor blurts out as Elsa is scolding her sister, Anna, about the same thing.

"Guess love at first sight is a thing," says Tony. "It's a rare occurrence."

"So I'm guessing you haven't been hit with it," I say. I'm cross-legged on the couch between Natasha and Pietro. I have a bowl of cool popcorn in my lap, as well as a box of Milk Duds nearby. Pietro and Wanda are having a Twizzler fight. Thor has taken command of a popcorn bowl and nobody has debated on trying to take it from him. Bruce is eating licorice for reasons none of us can explain. Clint is playing an accuracy game by throwing pieces of popcorn and hoping we can it in our mouths. It's fun to watch the others miss, until I miss too.

I actively try and pay attention to the movie, unlike some of the others. At least I know Thor is interested like I am, he keeps questioning why there's so much singing. The simple answer: it's Disney.

"You know, this gives me Halloween ideas," Tony says in the middle of the movie.

"Halloween?" asks Bucky, who's next to Steve. "That's another month from now."

"Can't hurt to plan early. Snowflake, you have to be Elsa. You've got the hair, and the powers."

"You mean like as in trick-or-treating?" I ask incredulously. "We're a little old in that department."

"No, I don't mean stealing candy from children. I'm already scheming a Halloween party."

"Oh, yay."

"Don't pout, Elsa. It'll be fun!"

"You do realize my hair changes when I use my power, right? Otherwise, it reverts to brown."

"Then don't hold it in, let people see what you can do!"

"Watch it, he's on the border of a musical number," Bruce warns me.

"Tell me something, guys: are Tony's parties fun?" I ask the group.

"Well, one went to hell when a killer robot crashed it," Clint voices.

"It was one time," Tony quips.

"Yeah, that almost got the world destroyed."

Even though I give questioning looks to the movie audience, nobody seems to want to give me any backstory. Okay, I guess that's classified for official Avengers only.

"Guys, it's over with," Steve groans. "We're trying to enjoy the night. That's the point of movie night, to not talk about work."

"You want say something, Cap?" Tony remarks. "You wanna let something go?"

"If you start singing—"

"I'll make it a duet!" I voice.

"Don't encourage him," Wanda warns me. "When we sat through The Lion King, he sang every number. We're lucky he didn't quote the movie word for word. I'm sure he knows a lot of others, we just haven't seen him in action with those."

"Don't judge, Maximoff," Tony says defensively. "Just because you don't have excellent vocal skills—"

"Who said that you did, again?"

"Me, obviously."

"Yeah, that's not promising," Natasha snickers.

"So we have our Elsa. And Romanoff can go as Anna."

"I don't do princesses, Stark."

"When you say you 'don't do princesses'—"

"She means dressing up as them, Tony." I chuck popcorn in his direction. "Grow up, you man-child."

"Didn't you know, Rory? I'm from Neverland, I never grow up."

"He's right; he never grows up," Bruce comments from beside Tony, which earns a few chuckles from the gang.

"Or shuts up for that matter," Wanda adds on.

"Tasha, come on, lend a girl a hand," I whimper to her. "If I can get Tony to agree on us picking out his outfit, will you be Anna?"

Natasha regards me carefully. "I'll think about it."

"That's not a no."

"That's only if Tony agrees that we choose his costume."

By the end of the movie, it's a happy ending. Well, no shocker there, come on, it's Disney for crying out loud. Popcorn pieces litter the floor, to which Tony dares us to eat, to which we say no and try to dare him to eat them all since this was his idea. Instead, Tony gets a small robot to vacuum up the pieces.

One by one, the Avengers slowly depart from the room, empty candy boxes and bowls in tow with them. Pietro and I are the last two left.

"I should use that name for you. Elsa," Pietro comments.

"I can't believe Hans was such a dick to Anna." I shake my head. "All that for control of the kingdom. The greedy scumbag."

"Easy there, you're dropping the room temperature."

"My emotions are tethered to my powers, if you didn't already pick up on that."

"We did, when you nearly froze Barnes and my sister in there with you."

I look away.

"Don't beat yourself up about it," he agrees. "I like who I'm seeing now. She's not out to kill us, she's still got something of an attitude. She's...good."

"Not all the way."

"You're on the road to being good, then."

I chuckle. "I'll take that."

"If only Genevieve could see what you do, Rory. She would understand."

"She's harder to persuade." I shrug. "Some have stronger will than others."

"And you don't have a strong will?"

"It's a work in progress." I lightly hit his thigh. "Well, I'm heading to my room."

"Training tomorrow morning?"

"Are you asking me or are you telling me?" I raise a brow.

"I'm...asking you. Do you want to train with me tomorrow morning? Is that better?"

I smile. "Yes, it's better. And yeah, I'll train with you tomorrow."

"It's a date, then."

I blink at the word "date". "It isn't a date, Speedy." But, naturally, when I protest, he's already sped away.

**It really was inevitable.**