Seven

"Cap, I, uh, I didn't think you would come." Tony stutters over his words, blinking at the large figure of Captain America walking in, with the Falcon following closely behind him.

"I told you Tony, whenever you need me I'll be there." Steve Rogers nods. I do know his real name, everyone does in Brooklyn. He grew up a few blocks away from me.

"Your beard is longer." Tony notes.

"Your hair is grayer." Cap replies.

"I'd like to think the sideburns are a peppered silver." Tony throws back and Cap smiles, looking down, and then returns to his serious expression.

"It's been awhile, Tony." He says solemnly.

"I'm sorry, am I missing something? I thought you two were the best of friends." Loki comments on the obvious tension, but neither of them look over at him. They probably didn't even realize it was him who said it; they're lost in there own world right now.

"We were never friends, actually." Tony says.

"We were family." Cap adds.

"Still are I'd like to think, Cap." Tony shifts sheepishly as he stands.

"We just had a disagreement is all." Cap nods.

"And I was wrong." Tony admits.

"We both were." Steve makes sure to add, saying sorry without actually saying it.

"See? Now we agree." Tony smiles.

"If you two lovebirds are done making up can we please get on with this?" Natasha breaks them out of their little world.

"Good to see you too, Natasha." Steve smiles at her and then does a scan of the room. His eyes land on me, I tense up. He is absolutely gorgeous. He was always my favorite of the Avengers. "I'm sorry, I don't believe we've met?" He says to me and my mouth opens, but no words come out right away.

"This is Cassidy Martin, she's an enhanced. I'm training her to control her powers." Tony replies before I can.

"Well, it's nice to meet you." He nods, shaking my hand.

"You too, of course." I smile back, blushing slightly. I've met too many famous people in the last hour. I mean, I'm in a room with the Avengers.

"Hi, I'm Sam Wilson." Falcon reaches over to shake my hand as well. I smile and accept the handshake. I think I'm officially at my peak of meeting superheroes today. I feel so incredibly small and insignificant now. When it was just me and Tony, I meant something, now I just feel in the way.

"Alright, now that we're really all here and there are no more perfectly timed dramatic entrances, let's get to work guys." Tony says. He then leads the group of us to a huge conference room lined with floor to ceiling windows that overlooks the backyard on one side and a giant screen and projector on the other. I feel uncomfortable because I don't know if I'm supposed to be here, but Tony didn't tell me where else to go. I hesitantly take an empty seat towards the back of the table next to Captain America.

"I wouldn't have called you all here if we didn't have a major issue. And we all know that's Thanos." Tony says, standing at the head of the long table we all now sit at. "Even more immediately, we have the issue of the infinity stones."

"Actually, most immediately we have the evil God from hell sitting at the end of this table. Now can I ask why whatever your plans are involve Loki?" Natasha complains and Clint nods along from beside her.

"I'm getting to that Romanov, but let me explain to you what we're dealing with first." Tony says. "I've recently been in contact with Peter Quill, one of the guys that have been saving our asses up in space while we've been fighting among ourselves down here. He's learned a lot about these infinity stones. This is what he told me."