Chapter Twenty • We're A Hot Mess

INAAYA POV

INAAYA POV

"Ma, trust me I'm alright." I pleaded to my mother for the 1000th time that day. Because of our running on the beach last night I'd fallen ill. And now here I am, arguing with my mother to let me go to college but, as stubborn as she is, she won't let me go. "It's just little cold mom." I said as she tugged my bed sheet over me again.

"I'm the one that decides whether you can go anywhere or no, and now I'm saying that you're not leaving this house under any circumstances." she said, glaring at me. These glares were deadly. It also meant she had reached her saturation level and arguing any further would be a huge trouble for me.

"Okay, fine." I gave up. Defeated, I lay back down in my back. She smiled and got up.

"That's like my good girl." she said and turned back to go out. She turned around. "Gosh! I totally forgot that we have to go out today." Mom said, face palming.

"It's okay mom, you carry on with your plans, I'll be fine." I said, sitting up against the headboard of my bed.

"No, No I can't leave you like this." she said.

"Mom." I called her.

"Honey, I think I should call someone over to take care of you." she said.

"Mom I'm not 6 or 7 that I need to be looked after." I said.

"But you're not well." she said.

"Mom, I'm an adult. I can take care of myself." I tried to convince her. It would be a stupid thing if I would call anyone to take care of me. She should understand I can take care of myself. She was lost in deep thoughts and then just got up and walked towards the door.

"Okay." she smiled and left. Okay? She said it's okay? There's something wrong with her.

An hour later I finally decided to get up and take a shower. After the shower, I was stood there in front of my closet thinking what to wear. Well I'm at home so I guess I'll go for shorts and crop top. And anyways it's too hot. I'm not so ill cause I checked just 5 minutes ago and I was perfectly fine. I guess mom overreacted, but after all, she's my mom. She's bound to overreact to even small bruises. I was too bored to think about it any further. Some music would be nice.

Immediately I started searching for my remote. My room is so messy that if a cockroach ever came in here, it would take him decades to find its way out. Hypothetically! Chill. But it really is that messy according to my mom. Courtesy of my mom it looks at least neat and clean. Every day after I leave the house she cleans my room. I should clean the room today as she was in hurry. Nah! I like it the way it is. Remote, remote... there!

Switching through random channels, I finally found music channel and put it on. Just as I was about to turn around and find my phone cause I heard a faint music meaning someone was calling me, my favourite song came on 'Mi Gente' and that was when my body started to move on its own accord.