Chapter Twenty-Nine • Never Been Better

Inaaya Pov

Inaaya Pov

"I thought she went back home." was the first thing Aditya said when me and Alisha got in.

"You think she could've escaped from me?" Alisha asked.

"Nope." he said, smiling. Gosh! I'm just done with these two; I know they're my best friends but after them getting together, their PDA is affecting me a lot.

"Don't mind me, I'm just gonna be here by myself." I tell them, bursting their bubble.

"Oh no, you have us." Alisha said.

"No, just go and enjoy yourself. I'll be perfectly fine." I assure them. They deserve to have fun, I'm not that cruel to bore them with me.

"But-" Alisha protested.

"I agreed to come here, didn't I? Now you have to listen to what I say."

"Fine, but promise me you won't do anything stupid?" Alisha asked me, earning herself a glare.

"Okay, okay we're going. No need to torment us with your glare." Aditya said, pulling Alisha with him. I simply smiled.

Soon enough, they disappeared into the crowd. I relaxed myself on the barstool. I feel so bored already; I would've been chilling at home right now watching a nice Rom-Com and enjoying my weekend. But no, I agreed to my best friend's plan to irk Yuvaan. Which reminds me, I haven't seen the guy in question at all. I looked around for any signs of Yuvaan but couldn't find him. Sighing, I turned around and decided to scroll through my phone.

"Missed me much?" Someone whispered against my ear. I jolted back and that person chuckled.

"You idiot!" I glared at him. He was here, looking hot as ever. He had worn a plain white T-shirt with a black jacket on, black jeans and converse. His hair was looking perfectly messy. And he carried his signature smirk like always. God! I missed that smirk, I so badly wanna wipe that smirk off by- wait! Inaaya concentrate.

"Come on, don't tell me you didn't miss me Wildcat." he said, taking the seat in front of me.

"As a matter of fact, I didn't. I didn't miss you at all." (Not.)  I said with confidence.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, babe." he said and I stiffened for a minute. He has never called me babe, hell no one has ever called me that. I found the word quite cliché to be honest, but him saying it does something to me.

"Don't… I'm not your babe." I say and he gives me a look.

"Bu-" He doesn't get to finish his sentence as someone interrupts him.

"Hey, sexy." the rather uninvited guest says seductively to Yuvaan, placing her hand on his chest. I observe all of this from the corner of my eye as I pretend to enjoy my drink. Yuvaan looks at me for a second but sees that I'm not at all interested in what's happening beside me.