Chapter Thirty • Uh. . .Friensual Tension?

Third Person P

Third Person P.O.V.

The tension in the room was too much. Two people glaring at each other, challenging the other, pushing each other to test the limit at which they break. But, sadly, both were too much into this game to back down. He wasn't gonna back down and neither she.

"Uh. . . Yuvaan you're kinda hurting me." the girl oblivious to the situation tells the guy who is furiously glaring at the duo dancing in front of him

"Yuvaan!" she yells this time to grab his attention and it's successful. He looked at her, the look scared her. In a split second, he came back to normal.

"What?" he asks her.

"You are practically squeezing my waist; my bones would actually break at any point now." dhe says and immediately he takes his hands off her.

"I'm sorry. Uh. . . I gotta go." he excuses himself.

Taking one last look at the girl whose laughing and enjoying herself, he goes back to his group of friends.

"Anything wrong mate?" one of his friend asks.

"Yep." he replies, his eyes still glued to his distraction, his only distraction.

"Dude, did you see that hottie tonight?" another one of his friends says.

"Nope, I didn't." he says, looking at his friend for a second and then taking a drink.

"He's already pretty occupied tonight." the first one says, chuckling.

"What? Who is he looking at any way- hey! That's the girl! That's the one I'm talking about!" the second one says to which Yuvaan turns his head towards his friend.

"What did you say?" he asks, or rather, gives him a chance to take his statement back.

"That girl, she's hot." he says, whistling which makes Yuvaan's blood boil. He is trying hard to not punch his friend any moment now.

"You mean Inaaya?" the first friend asks, knowing how much it's affecting Yuvaan.

"I dunno what's her name but yeah."

By now Yuvaan is back to giving his friend death glares. If looks could kill, his friend would've been 10ft in the ground.

"Man, I didn't know you had dibs on her." he says, gulping and taking a step back.

"Look, she disappeared with that nerd." the first friend tries to distract the fight which was about to unfold.

"Shit!" Yuvaan cursed under his breath and disappeared into the crowd to find her.

Inaaya P.O.V.

"You hate my guts, don't you?" Arjun asked as we sat on the bench. The atmosphere inside was getting Er...too tensed? I so badly wanted some fresh air, partly also cause I could literally see Yuvaan planning Arjun's murder mentally.