Chapter Thirty-Four • Why Do You Sound So Surprised?

* Please listen to the song linked above halfway through the chapter, you'll know when*

Inaaya POV

On my way up to my room, I heard someone humming in the kitchen. I changed my direction and made my way towards our kitchen to find my mom cooking and humming tunes. She seemed in a really good mood.

"Heyo! You seem pretty happy" I said pulling her cheeks and she slapped my hands, earning a pout.

"It's because I am. I'm happy because you're happy. Not that you weren't before but something's changed" My mom said looking at me.

"Maybe" I replied taking an apple from the basket, trying to stop myself from blushing.

"Aw, my baby is blushing! Who's the lucky guy? " Mom asked.

"It's nothing like you think mom, and by the way I'm going out tonight so don't wait up" I said exiting to avoid further questions.

"Enjoy your date and tell Yuvaan hi from me" I heard her say as I made my way upstairs, slapping my palm to my head.

After taking a quick shower I decided to get ready. I still had time but I hadn't yet decided what to wear, which itself was time consuming. I didn't have Alisha to comment on my outfit, so I had to decide something myself.

Firstly I turned on some music. After playing my playlist I headed to my closet. I sighed looking at the sight in front of me. My closet was a mess, mom keeps on telling me to clean it but I never get to it. It's gonna take longer than I expected.

After half and hour I still had nothing to wear and well my whole room was covered with clothes. If my mom walked into it, I'll never hear the end of it. I had tried on everything I thought looked good but didn't. I didn't actually know what to expect, should I wear formal, fancy, causal. As Yuvaan was taking me out I decided to ask him. I dialed his number while attempting to clear the mess.

"Hey Wildcat" He said making me smile.

"So I was wondering what kind of clothes should I wear tonight? " I asked.

"You sound seductive" He said chuckling and I groaned. I basically walked into that one.

"Don't get your hopes up Jerkhead! I meant causal, formal or what? " I asked.

"Just causal and not that I mind you wearing anything else. If you know what I mean" He said and I could practically feel him smirking. Such a jerk.

"Bye Yuvaan" I said ignoring his stupid joke.

"Bye Wildcat" He said and hung up.

Just 15 minutes before Yuvaan would be here, I'm finally standing here all dressed up. Debating over all the options I opted for a sleeveless red turtle neck top, with short black leather jacket. Skinny black jeans and boots. I was too impressed by the way I looked right now. I hope it's not too much. It's an old habit, I loved dressing up even if it's for the simplest of occasions.

"Inaaya! Someone's here for you" My mom called me. So he was here.

I quickly slipped my phone and little cash in my pocket. I know it was kind of a date but I'm against the thought of him spending money on me. I headed down stairs, the voice of my mom laughing grew louder.

"Nice of you to finally show up, I was thinking of spending the time with your mom instead. She seems really lovely" He said looking at my mom who was busy looking at me and him. "Beats me to how you have her genes, you've got nothing common" He compliments her and she blushes. I glare at him.

"Oh really? I've got my dad's genes too, wouldn't you wanna meet him? " I say walking up the kitchen counter where they stood.

"Someone talking about me? " My dad said appearing from the hallway. He looked at Yuvaan, a skeptical look that too.