Chapter 6

I wake up to the smell of lemon. I feel hair on my face and I softly open my eyes to see Annabeth's head resting against my shoulder, and her soft hand agaisnt my arm. I am laying on my back, and Thalia and Luke are snuggling on the other side of the tent. My gaze drifts back to Annabeth next to me. I am not sure if I should wake her up or not. She looks too cute. I know I have to, since it seems a bit awkward to me. I shake her shoulder, whispering her name, until she opens her eyes, and discovers her position. Her cheeks go bright red as she pulls herself back, wiping her mouth. Her hand runs through her blond locks, attempting to fix the morning bed-head. I can hear a faint sorry escape her lips, and nod to signal that is was okay.

"We can wake Thalia up, see what she has planned for breakfast."

I nod. "Good, I'm staving." Annabeth gave me a weak laugh before going to wake her best friends.

~

We go to Thalia's mom's café for breakfast. We are all still in our pajamas, since we do not go back to Thalia's to change. I order a bagel and coffee, almost same as everyone else. Annabeth sits next to me at the table. To me, she seems a little tense. I know she is embarrassed to talk to me now. Probably just from this morning. After last night, I expect us to be acting different towards each other. I do not expect us to best friends all of a sudden. Just no fighting, hopefully.

I bend over to her, saying softer, "Hey Annabeth."

Her head shoots up, looking me in the eye. "Yeah?"

"Want to take a walk? It's kind of stuffy in here."

She nods and gets up, grabbing her coffee. "Sounds great."

We both exit, casually, avoiding questions from the others. I follow her outside. She is leaning up against a pole, and I stand across from her. I gesture down the road and both of us begin to walk. "Tell me something."

Annabeth furrows her eyebrows, "What?"

I smile innocently, "Tell me a something about yourself."

I watch her shake her head and smile at the ground, "Um, I don't know. I'm not that interesting."

"Oh come on." I refuse. Something in me finds her interesting. I want to know more about her. Her likes and her dislikes.

She laughs, pulling her hair back behind her ear once again. I have the urge to fix it for her. "Ok. What do you want to know?"

"Anything. What do you like to do? Play any sports?"

She shakes her head. "No. I run but that's just to stay in shape. I would prefer to stay home and nap or design."

"Design?"

Her eyes light up, "Yeah. My dream is to become an architect. So I draw designs for buildings some times."

"That's actually really cool. I'd love to see them."

She shakes her head, smirking. "I don't know about that." I decide not to say anything to that and gesture to walk back to the cafe. The walk back is a comfortable silence.

~

It has been a week since Thalia's party, and I have been getting closer with everyone, especially Annabeth. After we talked,
she started being nicer to me, saying hello to me in the morning and texting me every once in a while. It is a Tuesday now, and Annabeth and I are walking home together.

We are about two blocks from my apartment, and truthfully, I do not want to go home at all. "Hey, Annabeth, would your parents mind if you were like an hour late?"

She quickly shook her head, "They wouldn't notice." I nod and pull her across the street to a small bagel shop.

"I don't want to go home quite yet and I am hungry."