Chapter 10

Here is is. Finally.
~
My head is pounding and I can feel dried blood on my lips. I lift myself up slowly, to avoid too much pain. I'm still in my apartment. I glance at the clock. 5:20 am. That means my mom is still asleep and she defiantly does not have to know about this. I hurry to my room to clean myself up. I clean the blood from my face and try to cover the bruise on my nose with some of my moms concealer. The bottle stays in my room in case of happenings like these. My nose looks out of place, but that's probably my own imagination. Plus we can not afford hospital bills right now so I'm going to have to deal with it. I'll just keep my head down all day. I stay in my room to finish up homework until 7:20. Annabeth usually meets me in front of my building but I know she'll probably notice. I text her to tell her I have to go in early for a test and practically run to school.

I arrive twenty minutes before first period and simply linger at my locker and around the halls until it's acceptable to go sit in the classroom. As I wait in silence, I practice reading the signs on the walls for nearly the hundredth time while trying to shake off a impending headache. Normally when I get bored in class I simply practice reading. There is no harm in it. With my dyslexia I have to work extra hard to learn to read. Well, I know how to read I just need to think about it and practically translate it in my head. It gets frustrating.

The bell rings and Annabeth and Thalia walk in to sit next to me. I keep my head low, turned away from them. "What's up with you, Percy?" Thalia asks.

I shake my head, keeping it low. "Just a bit tired that's all. I had to come in early and I just came in here to sit. Didn't think you would be here yet." Good one, Perce.

"Then why won't you look at us?" Annabeth pushes. Just as I was about to give some lame excuse, the bell rang. The only time that noise has brought me joy. I pull my books out of my bag and try to look as interested in what the teacher is saying.

-
I walk against the walls throughout the day. Both for the support and to stay away from everyone else. I also nearly fell asleep in every class.
Lunch was not easy either. Annabeth would not stop interrogating me. My head was starting to spin. Not sure if it was from Annabeth or from Gabe.

"Percy? Are you even listening to me?" She asks. I look up, suddenly feeling dizzy. The room is spinning. The food I ate moments ago threatens to come back up. "Percy? I'm just worried. Don't think I'm mad at you...Percy?...Will you just listen to me?"

"Shut up, Annabeth!" I snap at her. My outburst caused the entire table stop their conversions and look directly at me. I cannot process anything though. I try to stand just to get away from everyone but immediately fall to my feet as soon as I get out of the chair. Annabeth slides to her knees in front of me. I can feel Thalia's hand on my shoulder. I attempt to push her away. Everyone near me is just making me more dizzy. My head is pounding. The headache just increased profusely. It feels like it is about to explode. The pain in my head causes the pain in my nose to become more clear. Maybe it's just mental but there is a sharp pain in my nose, right in between my eyes. I feel blood trickle out my nose. I quickly wipe it with my sleeve, hoping nobody saw it.

"Oh my gosh, Percy. We need to get you to a doctor." Annabeth demands.

I shake my head vigorously. "No. No. I don't need-" I grip my head and groan from the pain. I let it all out. The pain I have felt all day resurfaces. I think my body has reached its limit. Earlier I thought I could do this but now I just want to tear my head off.

"Luke." Annabeth pleads to him. I feel arms wrap around my shoulders and legs and I'm thrown onto someone's back. I'm guessing Luke. I hear Piper say she will take care of the attendance office.