Part Nine

Slightly shorter chapter. <3

- § -

I cross the room to sit next to him again. I carefully shift the blankets so that he's a little bit more comfortable. I get up, going to the bathroom and wetting a towel slightly to wipe his forehead. Upon returning, I snag a bottle of water from the container.

I sit back down, slowing mopping his face while trying not to wake him. I feel his forehead, and it's slightly feverish. Is he that stressed?

I pull out my phone, somewhat reluctant to bother Beta Jongin again.

'Could you get me some fever medication? Chanyeol's starting to burn up. Sorry for disturbing you again.'

Ping~

'Oh, is he going to be okay? Do I need to be ready to take charge temporarily? I don't have any fever medicine, sorry. Text Yixing, he's bound to have some.'

I sigh, thumbing in a reply.

'It's okay. And for the take charge thing, I don't know. Maybe you could swing by later?'

Ping~

'Will do.'

I close out of our messages and open up Yixing's.

'Hey! Sorry for disturbing you, but do you have any fever medication? Chanyeol's unwell.'

Ping~

'Ooh, sorry to hear that. And sure I'll bring some up. I text you when I get there.'

I scan the message, relived to get my hands on the medicine. I jump slightly when I feel Chanyeol's arms around me, and his tear stained face as he continues to cry into my back. My stomach rumbles when he tighten his grip around me, but I decide that food can wait. Chanyeol's more important right now.

I stroke his hair, and the calming motion only seems to make him cry harder. I feel the wet part of my shirt clinging to me. I can't really tell if he's still asleep. Or if I should wake him if he is.

Ping~

'I'm here.'

I try to wiggle out of Chanyeol's grasp, but he only clings onto me tighter. I sigh, not wanting to upset him any further.

'Oh, sorry. But is there a way you can open the door? Chanyeol won't let go of me. Sorry.'

Ping~

'Actually yes, the medic keys have access to every living quarter. And stop apologizing, it's okay.'

I key in a reply.

'Oh sorry.'

The door clicks open, and Yixing tiptoes in. "You can stop apologizing now," he states dryly. He stops when he takes in my predicament. "What on earth happened to do that to him?" I turn around, still trying to comfort my mate. Yixing corrects himself, "That was a bit blunt wasn't it?"

I shake my head. "You're fine. Actually can you help me? I don't know if he's awake or not."

Yixing stares at me. "Um, sure?" It comes out as a question. He walks over and moves Chanyeol so that we can see his face. "Yeah. He's asleep." He looks at me. "Have you two eaten at all?"

I shake my head, pointing to the untouched food on the table. "Beta Jongin brought something for us, but we haven't eaten."

Yixing nods. "Alright, wake him up soon and get him to eat something. If the fever gets any worse, you can give him a few tablets." He shakes the bag, a few white pills inside. "He should be fine. It looks like stress caused it anyways. Get him to relax." He brings the food to us, setting it down on the nightstand.