Part Eleven

Quick note, anytime you see '...' it's a mind link. (Be careful, I interchange them a lot.) :)

On with the story...

- § -

I wake up the next morning to Chanyeol's gentle smile. Waves of relief wash over me. He's not mad, we're back to normal.

"Hello beautiful."

I don't answer, silently tucking my head into the crook of his neck and drinking in his scent. Mmm. After a while, I realize he's humming something over and over again. And it sounds familiar.

"Chanyeol? What song is that?"

"I don't know, I think I dreamed about it or something? It's been on my mind since I woke up."

"How exactly do you dream about a song?"

"I dreamed that a person sung it as I slept, I think. And boy, did they have the most melodic voice ever. I almost didn't want to wake up." He looks at me. "But I realized that if I never woke up, I'd never get to see you." He tickles my chin softly.

"Mm-hmm." I don't really respond, still trying to locate where I've heard the song. Suddenly, it clicks. I smile at Chanyeol. This'll be fun.

"What? You're looking at me weird. What do you have up your sleeve, you little trickster?"

I tug at the tee I'm wearing. "Chanyeol, I don't even have sleeves."

"It's a expression, you dummy." He pokes me in the ribs gently.

I rub the spot, pouting a little. "You're right, I am an idiot. I can't believe that I just recognized the song."

"Really?" Chanyeol raises his eyebrows. "What is it then?"

"I don't actually know the title." It's true. Never once have I heard Daehyun mention the name.

"Then what? Can you sing it? I don't know the whole song."

"Sure." I move around a little, trying to get comfortable. Naturally, I swing my leg over his hip and pull him closer. "But don't freak out."

"What? Is it bad?"

"You'll see." I place my lips near his ear, softly humming the first phrase into his ear.

"Can you sing the words?"

I smile, jumping right into the chorus without missing a beat. "I will love you and love you and love you. Gonna hold you and hold you and squeeze you. I will please you for all times..." as I form the words, my lips reach out to occasionally graze his earlobe.

Chanyeol suddenly grabs my shoulder and pins me to the bed. "You never said that you could sing." He stares at me with such an intensity that I can't help but burst out laughing.

"Why are you so serious about it?"

Chanyeol slacks and looks to the side, then back at me. "It's just, I feel kind of silly for saying that I didn't want to wake up now." He kisses me gently. "Your voice is much better in person," he coos.

I look down and will my cheeks not to heat up. Why am I still getting embarrassed? "Lay back down," I murmur.

"Are you embarrassed?" Chanyeol ruffles my hair fondly before settling down next to me.

I hum, resting my face in his chest. I snuggle into his warm hold, closing my eyes. I'm still sort of tired.

A knock at the door jolts my eyes back open. I whine. I'm too lazy to get the door. I nudge Chanyeol in the direction of the door.