Chapter 5

Crane pushed the door to the tunnel entrance open, sighing in relief.

"Thank God, I'm finally back...!" The man groaned in delight as he began heading to the outside of the structure. When there, he slid against one of its walls, where he finally sat on the floor, his hands between his legs.

Kyle looked out at the sight of Harran, beginning to get lost in thought.

Where exactly could he go? The Tower was not an option anymore. As for Safe Zones, he wasn't sure whether the UV lights of the safe zones would affect him, but he wasn't willing to try it out. He saw the effects of it on Volatiles, and they would actually start to smoke up if shined on.

He only had one other choice, and that was to break into a random house and just make do. If he could at least try and get somewhat close to the Tower, if would be alright. He could perhaps help the residents there by getting supplies for them.

Wait... Supplies! The Tower was most likely in need of supplies. He had heard Lena's desperation before going to the Dam, and it was saddening. He needed to get some now, or else they wouldn't make it past a few days.

Now where was the one place he could sneak into and just steal a bunch of supplies?

...

Kyle began grinning to himself in a sly manner as he got back up. He stretched, a few of his bones cracking.

"I guess it's time to pay the Garrison a nice visit." Crane smirked as he began growing his idea. As to how he would get in, he would sneak through the way he did when trying to get Zere. After that, just jump down from the balconies and then gather as many supplies as he could get. It occurred to him that he needed to kill some people if it became necessary, but this thought didn't bother him much. He was already used to killing the thugs just so he could grab some drops.

Kyle began running towards where the Garrison was, his location just a bit far from there. Now, as he ran and jumped off the highway road and onto a ship crate, he looked at his map and roughly guessed the direction of Rais's Garrison.

He looked at the sky, the sun still burning bright, but it looked as if it would soon become dark. He had to hurry before that occurred.

Crane ran, jumping over zombies and charging into hordes as well. This infection just helped him become stronger. He could jump a lot higher than he ever could when he was normal. He could run just a bit faster as well. Even his stamina was better, which allowed him to run, jump, and climb without even breaking a sweat. Crane felt the infection's power, and instead of using it for atrocities, he decided to try his best to use it for the good of others.

"Tomorrow is another day. And you won't have to hide away."

He didn't have to hide this from Brecken or Lena anymore. His infection couldn't keep him down, and he shouldn't let it anyways. If he succeeded in doing this supply robbery, by tomorrow, the Tower would have all they needed for now. Food, supplies, medicine, all of this. He was the best runner before, and this infection certainly couldn't take that name away like nothing.

"It's now or never, Crane." The runner spoke to himself as he kept on running. He replayed the song he quoted to himself, the tune and lyrics that were implanted inside his head playing again.

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

His running cane to a halt once he stood at the front of Rais's Garrison. Crane looked carefully, but didn't see any guards at the front. Then again, there hadn't been guards there since he had escaped The Pit and chopped Rais's hand off.