Chapter 25

He felt sharp pebbles, shards of glass, and pieces of discarded metal scratch against his skin, a few of the dangerous objects nearly digging deep inside him.

Crane continued to struggle against the thick, tightened ropes that constricted his arms and legs. Every tug he did only scraped his skin more, marks from rope burns having been formed against his already virus-damaged flesh.

He didn't know where the hell Hunter and his men were taking him, Lena, and Brecken. They, too, also attempted to fight against the constraints put onto them, but also failed. All three were rendered helpless and completely vulnerable to Hunter and his men.

The sun was not far from fading away in the horizon, light barely touching parts of Harran anymore. He had no worry about the Volatile rising back up. It had been scared back into hiding with Hunter's UV light, its intensity burning him and shoving the monster back into the recesses of his darkened mind.

However, the sadistic fuck had also used the light to his advantage. Every time Crane began to falter and fade away into his head, fainting rather slowly, Hunter simply shined the UV light onto him, causing his skin to begin boiling, streams of smoke erupting from his affected areas. He'd scream like a madman, his teeth gritting tightly as his face became pinkish-red and slick with sweat. The veins in his head and neck would emerge and pulsate slightly as he tried to block away the light that made him feel like he had been coated in layers of lava.

Every time this had occurred, it was surreal. He'd be in pain, yet he'd also still have enough strength to watch in agony. He could see his skin smoking, some parts growing boils and blisters, while other parts simply began to split open from the stress and pressure the flesh had been put under, both from the light and his own movements to try to move his arms.

Hell was the only word he could come up with in his mind. In the small while that he had been able to rest from the burning, it was the only thing he could think of. At times, he'd look over at Brecken and Lena, their faces grim and pained as they looked back at him. He tried to let out a word, but it only came out as a groan.

He hated this so damn much.

"We're here, Kyle!" Hunter exclaimed, slapping his forearm hard, causing some of the small liquid-filled bumps on his skin to burst. His entire face contorted from the pain, but he stifled his cry of anguish.

"Oh, come now, Kyle." Began Hunter, a sick grin on his face. "You'll learn to endure the pain once you're with me. You'll become a powerful grunt once we're done with you." 

"F-Fuck you!" Crane said, though he was barely audible due to his overstrained voice. "You'll never win, you goddamn bastard. You'll die off just like Rais - Overconfident in yourself!"

A strong kick was delivered to Crane's ribs, causing him to groan softly, a small cough delivered afterwards.

"Crane, please do not even try." Said Hunter. "I really want to cooperate with you. I really do. I want you to join my Family, a member of the highest rank. You can best even my most trusted henchmen if you simply put your part into this cause!"

Crane glared at Hunter, a fire in his eyes. He felt like a black, thunderous cloud had come over his mind, making him more furious than he had ever been. He attempted to burst out of the rope tightened around him, but failed.

"Crane, just stop!" Shouted Brecken, looking at him with worry. "Just let Hunter have his way, please! Lena and I can't handle watching you go through all of this anymore."

"Brecken, shut the hell up." The man said hoarsely. "I'm getting us all out of here. I don't care whatever it takes - we're going to leave!"

Another kick was sent to his ribs, causing Crane to flinch painfully, though he did not release any sound. A foot floated above his chest, threatening to slam down.