Chapter One

"I' don't know, Lyds. I mean he hasn't left me alone since birth and then it's like bam, we aren't related." I say over the phone to my friend Lydia Martin, I'm venting about how my hyperactive spaz of a brother, Stiles, has been ignoring me - short of the basic small talk questions like 'what do you want for dinner, I'm getting take out.' Or  mannerly things like 'Thanks.' And 'sorry.' It's been going on for about a week and I'm getting quite upset and concerned.

"Enough about that jerk of a brother, onto gossip...did you see the new guy?" She asks as I walk downstairs to get some food. "No, who is he?" I ask and she gasps.

I walk in and see Stiles and Scott, they both awkwardly nod to me and I raise my eyebrows, They don't leave but Stiles just eats his cereal...why is he eating cereal at 9pm?

"He's so handsome! He's in the year above us and he's just delicious looking!" She gawks over him.

"What's his name?" I ask and she sighs. "I wish I knew." She says in a dreamy voice and I laugh at her. I put her on speaker so I can start making my Country Hamburger Skillet.

"You have a boyfriend, remember? The hot cocky jock?" I remind her and she scoffs. "A girl can dream." She murmurs in a dazed voice.

She suddenly changes the topic. "So this Allison chick, do you like her?" She asks and I see Scott and Stiles look at each other through the reflection of the window nearby.

"That's the one that's obsessed with Scott, right?" I ask and Scott smiles proudly to Stiles. "Yeah." Lydia confirms. "She's sweet, really nice." I say and begin to cut the meat up.

"Yeah, did you see her clothes? The girl has got style, almost as good as you." Lydia says and I laugh. "I would say her's is better." I say and Lydia gasps. "Hey! That would make her have better style than me!" She whines and I laugh.

I hear a knock through the phone. "Your mom sent me up." I hear Allison's voice. "Yeah that's okay, come over to the bed, Val is on...Val turn on your camera." Lydia says and I do so, I set the phone up, Scott and Stiles not in frame.

"We were just talking about you." Lydia says and Allison laughs. "All good things I hope." She says and I nod. "So Ally, hows Scott?" Lydia asks and I try to hold my laugh and glance to Scott to see him bright red.

I turn to the camera and see she's red too. "Aw, young love." I tease and Allison asks. "I really like him, but I'm not sure if he feels the same, I jus-." She starts and I cut her off. "Oh, he likes you." I grin and she furrows her brows.

"How do you know?" She asks. "I always hear Scott and Stiles talking about you." I smile and I see Scott looking at me, wide eyes.

"Where? You're never with them." Allison says. "I know, I mean through the walls...of my house." I say and her mouth forms an 'o' shape before her eyes widen.

"Wait why are they in your house? Is that not creepy?" She asks. "No...Stiles is my brother." I say and she cringes. "ew....no offence to your brother." She says and I let out a loud laugh.

"I'm sorry, it's just...you're so pretty, and funny and he's...athletically challenged." She says and Lydia laughs, as do I. "I'm pretty positive...unfortunately." I say and she sighs.

"It doesn't matter, he ditched me at that party yesterday, we aren't the best of friends right now." Allison says sarcastically and I glance to Scott and kiss my cheek and he looks to Stiles who rolls his eyes at me.

"Anyways, Val, any boys?" Allison asks and I sigh. "Sadly no." I pout and Lydia rolls her eyes. "She has the lacrosse team swooning at her feet, granted most of them are strange...some have got looks." Lydia says and I laugh.

"Oh really? Like who?" I ask, amused. "Tyler Lockwood and Matt Donavan." She says and Allison nods. "Oh I seen those two, total hotties." She gushes.

"Well Matt...just isn't my type and Tyler is a dick." I snort and Allison raises an eyebrow. "How? He was being super sweet to me." She says confused.

"No...no...just no. He's a complete dick, if he was being nice then it's probably to get you into bed." I shrug. "How do you know?" She asks and I sigh.

"He's tried it like four times this week alone." I sigh. "Yeah, plus he's always picking on Jeremy Gilbert." Lydia says.

"Is he not like a druggie from what I've heard?" Allison asks. "Totally, he's out of control, he started sleeping with Vicki Donavan a while back." Lydia gossips.

"Guys stop, he lost his parents in a car accident last summer." I say, feeling bad from him and Allison frowns. "That's really sad." She says and I nod, cooking my food.

"Yeah, the parents and the daughter, Elena, were driving over wickery bridge and they crashed off of the side and drowned...someone saved Elena and nobody knows who, the parents didn't make it. Now they live with their Aunt Jenna." Lydia says and Allison and I share a look of worry for her enthusiasm.

"Look I'm gonna go, talk tomorrow." I smile and they nod. "Bye!" They say, "bye." I repeat and hang up.

Scott, Stiles and I stand in awkward silence as I stir the skillet. "You're a bitch." Scott says and I turn to face him with a raised eyebrow. "When did I become the bad guy? You two have treated me like shit this past week and I don't know why." I frown.

"So that was his punishment? Embarrassment?" Stiles scoffs. "No, I wasn't trying to embarrass him." I say to Stiles and Scott grunts. "You sure? Because it seemed like you were." Scott says and I sigh. "I wasn't but believe what you want.You heard her, she's not happy with you anyways at the moment. We're girly-girls, we gossip. It doesn't matter if you guys were speaking to me or not, it doesn't matter if you are there or not, that chat still would have happened." I snap at them and their eyes widen.

"Look, I'm not going to start fighting like children over this, so when you guys are ready to stop ignoring me for whatever petty reason, come find me." I say and put my food on the plate, put the pan in the sink and rinse it, I grab my plate of food and go into the sitting room.

I stick on 'My Girl.' And watch that while I eat my dinner. I then go to bed, thinking for the eighth night in a row, why are they ignoring me?