Chapter Ten

I finally managed to sit up, not that it mattered as Stefan and Deaton continued to discuss my fate like I wasn't there. "I'm not locking her in a basement, Damon will just let her out when I'm not around and she will tear through an orphanage in this state." Stefan argues. I know I'm having some control issues at the moment but geez Stef, a whole orphanage? I think to myself.

"I have no herbs for her condition if that's what you're looking for." Deaton says and Stefan sighs. "But I do have a treatment, a simple one." Deaton adds on. "What is it?" Stefan asks. "This May sound stupid but alcohol. Not a lot and certainly not enough to get her drunk, but even a glass every few hours spiked with the smallest amount of vervain -not enough to make her pass out - could help. Make sure she only drinks 3 blood bags a day - maximum." Deaton says and Stefan nods.

"What do I tell her Dad and brother? They will notice she's gone." Stefan asks. "Well I would advise you to let her call them, come up with a plausible lie. The brother can be compelled but the sheriff is on vervain, just let her do the talking. I would also tell you not to keep her in isolation, let her keep in contact with friends and family so they don't worry. Let her go to school - Jeremy is in most of her classes I would say as they are in the same year." Deaton explains.

"What about the classes he isn't in?" Stefan asks. "Well I'm sure Jeremy will be close enough to keep her in control - if not she's smart enough to leave." Deaton explains.

"Thank you,Deaton." Stefan says and picks me up bridal style again, walking out of the animal clinic. "Where are we going?" I ask, my voice raspy. "My place,I'll explain later." He says and places me in the back seat.

We get to his place and he pours me a glass of bourbon - no vervain. I take it and take a few sips, my head somehow instantly feeling better.

"Better?" He asks and I nod. "Thanks. What was Deaton saying in there?" I ask him as my mind was foggy and I didn't really process what was said.

Stefan explains how what happened this morning is going to keep happening until we fix it and in the mean time he will have to keep me in check. He explains how I will have to spend all of my time here with the exception of being with Jeremy as he's my anchor. Stefan tells me how I will have to take a bit of vervain a day to weaken myself - and become more tolerant so if I was ever shot with a vervain bullet it wouldn't affect me so much. He says I will have to drink a small amount of alcohol as it will calm me down along with the vervain.

"Well that's all well and good...but why is all this happening?" I ask and he pauses. "It's better if you didn't know, trust me. I will tell you when the time is right." He says and I sigh, knowing I can trust him on that - if not I'll find out for myself soon enough.

"So..how do we plan on distancing me from my human family members?" I ask and take a sip of the bourbon. "I don't know, you know them best. Deaton suggests coming up with a plausible lie." He says and I shake my head.

"No..no. I know them, they won't buy it, and if they do they will stop at nothing to convince me to come home." I say, knowing better than to lie to Stiles - who can't tell if I tell a little lie but if it's important he can tell that I am in a heartbeat.

"So what's the plan?" Stefan asks. "I'm gonna have to stir something up, be a stroppy teenager, leave home. But they would have to do something so aggravating that they know not to reach out to me." I say and lean against the countertop. "Like what?" Stefan asks.

"Expose myself." I say with reluctance in my voice. "As a vampire?" He asks and I shake my head. "Then with what?" He asks.

>.<<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<

I walk with Stefan by my side to ensure I don't do anything to hurt my family. I waltz into Stiles' room. "Hey, What's He doing here?" Stiles asks and I roll my eyes. I grab him by the shoulders.

"You are going to tell Dad about my druggie faze, about what you saw with Jeremy and I earlier. You are going to tell him about me not eating, every secret I've asked you to keep from him in the past 3 You won't remember me telling you to do this - you just will but not all at once. Once I storm out of the house you will convince Dad to give me space for a while until I calm down." I compel him. Stiles repeats what I just said and closes his eyes to let the compulsion set in. Within this time, Stefan and I vamp speed out of his window and get into his car.

Stefan drives away from the house and my eyes start to water slightly. "I'm sorry you had to do that." He says and I nod. "How are you planning on storming out of the house when you can't get in without trying to kill them?" He asks and I think for a moment.

"Tomorrow, Jeremy is taking me out to the movies..I could just bring him to my place afterwards." I suggest and Stefan shakes his head.

"No, because once you drop him home you will go off the rails and I won't be there to stop you." Stefan says. "Then what do you suggest?!" I yell.

"That. Use all of your rage that you have bottled up, just let it all out. You will be too distracted to even want to feed on them." He says and I inhale deeply but nod before letting the breath go.