Chapter Eighteen

Apparently Bonnie and Caroline had a fight over a necklace that Damon gave Caroline when they were together. Now Caroline wants to give it back to Damon for a reason I'm gonna get out of him soon enough. And Bonnie isn't giving it back.

Bonnie thinks it's ugly and would much rather dump it, but apparently it belonged to her ancestor Emily Bennett, the necklace is some sort of mystical object linked to Emily and now Emily is haunting her with it.

Elena and I are trying to remain the peace keepers in all of this. "So, have you talked to Bonnie?" Elena asks Caroline as the three of us walk into school from the car park. "No, I'm mad at her. She needs to make the first move." Caroline says stubbornly, her pettiness unmistakeable as she spoke.

Elena and I exchange a knowing look. "Be the bigger person." I say simply, attempting to not pick sides, but because I know why Bonnie is keeping the necklace, I'm finding it hard to sympathise with Caroline. In all fairness, Caroline is yet again left out of the conversation, so who can blame her for being frustrated? She doesn't know anything.

Caroline simply shakes her head. "Impossible in her presence." She says stubbornly. "Why are you so pissed at her anyway?" Elena asks, slightly amused by Caroline's unwillingness to listen to us.

Caroline glances at Elena. "She's a thief that's why. I gave her my necklace and she refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle." Caroline says and I mentally face palm. "Alright. I tried. I'm officially out of it." Elena says and I sigh. "I'll second that." I groan.

I see Jeremy walking towards the doors so I tell the girls I'll catch up to them later. I walk up to my boyfriend and put my hand on his shoulder and he turns around. He takes out his earphones. "Oh hey." He grins and kisses me. "Hi." I say and wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him again. The kiss is short lived but meaningful, as I'm aware we're in public.

He looks at the ground before meeting my eyes. "I'm behind in classes and if I don't pass them then I won't be a junior with you next year so I can't sneak out or anything...but we could go somewhere during lunch? I haven't seen you in four days." He pouts and I pout back. "Hmm well then you're stuck with me for the rest of the day. You're behind? We're gonna study." I say and he chuckles and kisses my head.

He puts a hand on my face. "When?" He asks. "After school, free periods, lunch. You're going to be a junior with me next year." I say, determined. "What happened to my little rule breaking rebel?" Jeremy asks and I fold my arms. "I'm not little. I'm petite...and you're...really tall." I say, convincing myself more than him.

He intertwines our fingers. "Whatever you say." He says and we start to walk inside. "As for your petite rule breaking rebel, she's still in here. I'm just behaving to make sure I can get you to pass." I say and he looks at me as I approach my locker.

"And what would you be doing if you weren't abiding by the rules for my sake?" He asks and as I stop at my locker and turn to face him. I put a hand on his chest. "Janitors closet, science classroom, your place, anywhere I could get you to be honest... I think you know what I'm getting at." I grin and he looks puzzled for a second before catching my drift.

His eyes widen and he blushes slightly but tries to hide it. "Really? N-now?" He stammers. I lean up to his ear. "Like you said, we haven't seen each other in four days. Let's just say I need you." I flirt and he coughs slightly.

He bites his lip. "When? After school?" He asks eagerly. "Nope. We're studying." I shrug. "But-." He protests.

I hold my finger up. "Nope. No 'but's'. I'll tell you what..." I trail off. "Get B on your next paper and I'll let you have your way with me." I smirk. "Valentina Stilinski, are you bribing me with sex?" He asks, faking shock. "Is it working?" I ask, playfully biting my lip whilst sliding my hands to the back of his neck. "It might be." He grins with a slight giggle.