Chapter Fourteen

Two Days later

Surprisingly, Jenna and I have been hanging out a lot. Which wouldn't be weird if I wasn't sleeping with her nephew, even though she assures she okay with it.

Stefan is 'dealing' with Damon, aka he is in our basement being left to mummify. I've been instructed to spend as little time with Stefan so Elena doesn't cop on that we are living together and ask me where he is.

I accidentally brushed my fingers against Bonnie's yesterday, and the same red light that occurred with Scott, occurred with her. Although I didn't sense any darkness. I talked it through with her and discovered she's a witch, to follow up she showed me her light a candle by looking at it. We think I may be similar as I had the same vision when I touched Scott, but my finger tips also started to glow red - a feature that according to what she has witnessed in her three days of witchcraft along with the knowledge of her grams, isn't normal for a witch.

Now, I sit in Jenna's kitchen, having a coffee. My hunger is still prominent but it has been controllable since the founders party, I think I took a step further to handling the whole vampirism thing that night.

I will admit, being friends with my...well whatever he is' aunt felt strange at first, but we are really alike and she knows about me and Jeremy. Granted, Jeremy doesn't know she knows, and Jeremy also doesn't know about the two of us hanging out..so really it's Jenna and I sneaking around Jeremy, as we know he would flip and think Jenna is corrupting me into her responsible ways.

The more time I spend with Jenna, the more concerned I become for Jeremy's health. At first I was aware he was using drugs but I never let it sink in, now it has. I know not to patronise him but I want to get him off of the drugs.

As Jenna and I talk, her phone goes off and she looks at the screen, making a noise of disgust. "Scum-Fell?" I ask and sip my coffee. "Scum-Fell." She confirms.

"I don't think I should go through with this dinner thing." She says and my eyes widen. "Jenna, no. We have discussed this. You will show up, humiliate him and show him how happy you are now that he's gone." I order her and she smirks.

"You're Little, but you're big." She says and I shrug. "I'm determined." I say and we both drink our coffee.

"So, has Jeremy asked you to go out with him yet?" She asks and I sigh. "Nope. Just one date and sex so far, along with deep conversations before and afterwards." I say flatly and take a bite of a muffin from a box Scum-Fell sent over to woo Jenna about 15 minutes ago.

"You would thing he would man up by now." Jenna sighs. "Or maybe he wants you to ask." She theorises. "Or He has commitment issues. Or he doesn't like me as much as you think." I add on smartly and she mocks a laugh.

"He likes you, trust me." She assures. After a moment of silence I speak up. "What if he poisoned these because he thought you would reject him." I suggest, inspecting the casing with my mouth half full.

We look at each other and realise it isn't beyond him to do so, both of us spitting out our muffins into the box and closing it.

I hear someone walk up the the door. It soon opens and loudly closes, causing us both to jump. Jenna looks out and sees who it is. "Jeremy, come here for a second." Jenna calls and my eyes widen. "I'll pass on the 'don't do drugs' talk today Jenna, but thanks." I hear him say as he walks up the stairs.

"Is that what he's like when I'm not around?" I ask and she shrugs. "When he's just back from his daily smoke in the graveyard, yeah. Other than that he is typically happier though." She says and my lips form a line.

"I wish I could do something to make him stop." I sigh and she nods. "Don't we all. Elena and I have been trying for months - and still are."
Jenna's phone goes off again and she looks at me. "Hey I gotta go, stay as long as you want." She says and I nod. "Bye." I smile as she grabs her coat and keys, heading out the back door. "Bye." She says and leaves.